First time to try and lose weight

Options
Hello,
This is the first time I have tried to lose weight. So far I have been fairly succesful. It's tough staying below the daily calorie goal. Seems like I am hungry all of the time. My goal is to get to 185. Currently I am at 208.

Replies

• vroberts08
    Options
    Well first off, what are you doing to help you reach your goal?
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Try more filling foods. More fibre and protein. If you are sticking to calories and not changing what you are eating, then you will be hungry.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When I started out, I ate a lot of fibre 1 bare and 100 calorie snack food. I finally figured out that fresh fruit and veggies stay with me longer. Stick with it! You can do it:flowerforyou:
  • DEkstein65
    Options
    Starting at the end of March I started watching what I was eating. I was mostly looking at the fat and cholesterol content at that point. It wasn't until I signed up here that I started looking at the whole nutrition picture. Basically, I have reduced portion size, sticking with the reccomended portion instead of eating until I was full. I am eating much healthier foods, low fat, whole grain etc.. I have cut out most of the bad things I was eating. I was drinking 6 or more soda's a day, eating a lot of my favorite snack food (cheese), and only eating twice a day. I now eat 3 meals a day with snacks, fruit or vegetables. And finally, light exercise.