What song makes you cry?

Options

Replies

• staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    America's national anthem for some reason. Like every time I hear it before a game I'm choking up.

Me, too!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Amazing Grace and Taps; too many military funerals!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Butterfly kisses. I'm a daddy's girl.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Anything by Rihanna, especially "Umbrella"'; it makes me cry and want to poke my eardrums out with a stick. But, I think you meant cry in a different way...

You are AWESOME! I agree...but I will say Katy Perry has that effect on me moreso than Rihanna.
  • Crucker73
    Crucker73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "Let It Be" by the Beatles
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Having a husband deploy and children at home, mine would have to be Lonestar I'm Already There!!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Go Rest High on that Mountain...Vince Gill
    Baby....by Miranda Lamberts husband..sorry can't remember his name.

I only hear Go Rest High on that Mountain...Vince Gill at funerals. It's a beautiful song.

"I'll wait for you" - Joe Nichols
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    Someone like you - Adele
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not Afraid by Eminem & The Climb by Miley Cyrus

Seriously.. My brother had just got his life straight. These were his two anthems. On May 4, 2012 (One Month ago today) he was killed.

My daughter even sang The Climb on his memorial video.
  • JenStyle30
    JenStyle30 Posts: 33
    Options
    Jason Aldean The Truth.. everytime me and a guy I dated were out, he took me on the dance floor to dance to that song. He died almost 2 years ago. It makes me tear up when I hear it
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know it only plays at Christmas but I cant even hear the first few notes before I start to bawl :sad:

"Christmas Shoes"

OMGOODNESS My kids think it is sooooooo funny to try to play that song at Christmas time!! :mad:
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Our Lady peace - 4AM.

"if I don't make it, know that---I loved you all along"... ysh. Reminds me of my best friend who was innocently gunned down in a drive-by. :/
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    Uncle Kracker - Smile
    After my Aunt had her bone marrow transplant my uncle put a picture slide show of her amazing journey through it all to this song and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Its been 3 years since the 2nd transplant and thankfully my aunt is doing just great! :smile:
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    Mercy Me - I can only imagine. Best. Song. Ever.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    "The Climb" - I only heard it when watching Hannah Montana's movie with my niece and daughter lol! I'm sure there are other versions than Miley Cyrus's!!
    "Born to be Somebody" - by...well...Justin Bieber :blushing: That one makes me think about my kids who were truly born to be somebody!!!
    "Wind beneath my wings" because that's just what my Mom has been in my life.

Lots of songs make my teary, the list would surely be endless!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I know there are many, because I am a freak-show, but the first two that come to mind is "Anything like Me" by Brad Paisley for my little guy, and "Cleaning this Gun" by Rodney Atkins for my girl...

Sniff Sniff. :sad:
  • MarleneBorko
    MarleneBorko Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ave Maria, Amazing Grace, and Over the Rainbow
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    America's national anthem for some reason. Like every time I hear it before a game I'm choking up.

Mee too!

ok... that and taps
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll fly away!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hallelujah sung by Jeff Buckley
    Let it be The Beatles
    Freebird Lynryd Skynryd (one of my Dad's favorites songs. he passed away a few years ago)
    Christmas songs