Replies

• csalter61
    csalter61 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am a ww member and using MFP too:smile:
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm still using the WW point system, BUT I'm watching the caloric intake via this site. WW nudges you to eat healthier but calories count!
  • jennylee133
    jennylee133 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was also using both WW and MFP because I know WW has worked for me in the past but I was just having such a hard time getting motivated to count points again. I think I had become complacent with the plan which was making me less accountable to it than I had been in the past. I was also able to justify food choices that were not the best because I was strictly looking at points. I finally cancelled my membership last week and although I had major anxiety over doing so I knew I needed to make an "official commitment" to a new way of life in order to refocus. I really like the ease of using MFP on my iPhone and iPad and am hoping that this shake up was what I needed to get back on track!
  • cathylucy
    cathylucy Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes, I am a WW member. doing whatever I can to keep motivated.
  • cathylucy
    cathylucy Posts: 2
    Options
    WW helps. They teach you to eat correctly and go to the meetings to stay motivated.
  • akiss4u2tam
    Options
    I attend the meetings at Weight Watchers.... I love our instructor... she is soooooooooooooooooooo energetic! I stopped weighing in at home and only use their scale for accuracy... I go for the infomation and the comradery... I will say I am getting those things on this site... I don't know how long I'll be a WW... but for now I think it's really helping..... It sounds like you need a buddy.... YOU CAN DO IT..... YOU HAVE A BUDDY OVER HERE!!!!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I started out doing weight watchers when I started this journey in March along with My Fitness pal, however, I find that the meeting I was going to catered a lot to the people who had been going for a while and not necessarily the newer ones. Also had a hard time wrapping my head around free fruit and veggies. I was essentially paying $13 to stay accountable to the scale. I have now realized through my great friends on here that I do not need to be a slave to the scale due to the fact that while I may not be losing pounds I may be losing inches. So I ditched weight Watchers and watch my calories on here and I am still getting results. However, to each their own.:flowerforyou:
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime member of WW. However, I have found this site to be much more helpful. To me, it's much easier to count caloric intake,proteins,sodium...etc this way instead of 4 points of this and 5 points of that. If I can help in any way to continue your motivation,add me as a friend and I will do my best to keep you pumped and focused.....*cheers* Here's to your continued progress...
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just started WW a few weeks ago... i lost about 3 lbs already. I didnt like it at first, but now I really love it. I fell off it for a few days, but trying to get back on it again. Loved the results and want to keep it up.
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    what is MFP?

MFP is My FItness Pal. I've learned a lot of new acronyms since being on here. Another one is NSV...non-scale victory.
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have been a WW member in the past- but since the re-do of their program I couldn't lose weight- so I looked at other options and found MFP- and love it! I've lost more weight in the last month than I did with WW in three months~ I am down 50 pounds from my original WW sent a few years back- and thought WW was the only thing out there until I found this- I love that I can see a total of my carbs, proteins, etc...day to day.
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am a repeat offender with WW. I joined many years ago, lost the weight and thought to myself "I can do this", and just canceled my memberhship. NOT!! Gained the weight back. A few years later, the same thing. In Nov 2010 joined again with a friend and we were both determined. In about 6 months I had lost 18lbs, but over the summer, slowly gained 12lbs back. But continued to pay and continued to go.

Like robinhardysma stated, when the had a re-do of the program, I seemed to come to hit a brick wall. I'd lose some, then gain some, and this continued. So my friend and I decided to join a gym. We did this back in March. At that point we were introduced to MFP. We went home that night and canceled our WW memberships.

I was doing well until I got sick....haven't been back to the gym in 6 weeks and have been on meds which caused me to gain back the few pounds I had lost since joining the gym and MFP.

So I'm basically starting all over again. Hopefully no roadblocks this time.