Avocado??

Options

Replies

• nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I eat them with everything. Salads, sandwiches, salsa, plain, cut them up and put em in ice cold milk. I love guacamole. I don't like them in smoothies for some reason.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Pudding! I had this for breakfast:

http://www.thekitchn.com/avocado-breakfast-pudding-from-146024

Also sliced and drizzled with lime juice and salt.

Oh. My. Goodness! That pudding looks delicious! How have I never thought of that before?
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I loooove guacamole! You can eat is as a dip or spread it on sandwiches instead of mayo! yummmm =)
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    Bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich with avocado slices or

Avocado dip

1 avocado
    a few diced up tomatoe chunks
    pinch of ground cummin
    pinch of taco seasoning or make your own
    squeeze of lime
    chopped up fresh cilantro
    a 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle
    salt

Too bad I don't have the exact ingredients. It kind of depends on your taste and the size and type of avocado.
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I found them hard to eat at first, especially alone.... The taste was overwhelming for me, but I can eat them in a salad as long as they get a little salt on them its taste good. I am going to try others suggestions as well because I know avocado is good for you.
  • CAPHILLIPS
    CAPHILLIPS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Toast a piece of bread, get a clove of garlic and rub it on one side of the toast then put sliced avocado on the toast with salt a super good snack or breakfast

I also love

Cilantro, cucumber, tomato, red onion, lime, lemon, Serrano pepper, with shrimp too make a good little ceviche salad you can do without the shrimp too and is still so good :)
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I loooove avocados! I eat them sliced on tacos, burgers, sandwiches of all kinds, in salads, guacamole, and one of my favorite lunch side dish: 1/2 diced tomato, 1/2 diced avocado, sprinkle of fresh lime juice, sea salt and fresh ground pepper... yumm-o!
  • sommerskins
    Options
    One more recipe that is delish. avocado, greek yogurt plain, and jalapeno sauce. Spread that on burgers, fish, tacos, etc. SO YUMMY!!!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    On just about everything. Sliced on burgers, sandwiches, eggs. A good "table side" guacamole is HARD to beat. Ever had a BLTA?
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    You can make pudding out of 1 avocado, 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons agave syrup. Very yum!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Mashed with a little black pepper for seasoning then spread on nice warm toast!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I like to have avocado on my burger instead of cheese; yes homemade guacomole and salads, too!!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    On just about everything. Sliced on burgers, sandwiches, eggs. A good "table side" guacamole is HARD to beat. Ever had a BLTA?

Oh yum!! That's going on my list to try soon!!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Plain with a little salt and pepper
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I slice it up and put it on a garlic triscuit with a cherry tomato :)
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You can use avocado on sandwiches or hamburgers - slices or mashed up to replace mayo.
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pudding! I had this for breakfast:

http://www.thekitchn.com/avocado-breakfast-pudding-from-146024

Also sliced and drizzled with lime juice and salt.

Looks great. I'm going to try it!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, avocado and salt/pepper to taste. <~~~Fabulous
    Avocado, salt and pepper, simple and delish.
    I like it on burgers or turkey sandwich.

Read a recipe the other day with avocado and eggs, going to give it a try I think.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    One of the guys here on MFP suggested a snack - hard boiled egg whites, with the yolks replaced with a spoonful of guacamole.
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I put it on everything! LOL