Options

Replies

• cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites are:

Tommy knocker Jack whacker - wheat beer
    Blue Moon (with a slice of orange) - Belgian white
    Boston Beerworks Blueberry (they put real blueberies in it at the bar..yum)
    Samuel Adams - Summer Ale
    TsingTao - Chinese beer - kind of malty

Blue Moon and Sam Adams Summer Ale are my favorites too!
    When I lived in Cleveland OH there was a beer called "Christmas Ale" made by Great Lakes Brewing Company. I used to buy it by the case.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    White chocolate ale from the Sonoran brewing company my new FAVORITE mmmm soooo nutty and light and smooth and delicious
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink Bud Light...because I usually drink 8-10 of them without getting drunk. I can only imagine my calorie intake if I drank regular beer! My beer drinking has played a horrible role in my weight loss :( But I'm trying to cut it down to only once a week! Sigh....for the 10th year in a row!!!!

>3 this
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sweetwater 420. nom nom nom. gimme.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of some of these. I will have to though. Anyways, I enjoy homemade. My father in law makes great beer and a mean wine. If I can't have either I will take a blue moon.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I really prefer pale ales and lagers for the most part. I'm also really, really bad a remembering names of ones I've tried that I liked. But beer is a definite weakness for me, lol!

I love Blue Moon with an orange slice - nice, light and summery.
    Land Shark with a lime wedge and a shot of lime tequila is amaaaazing. Again, perfect for summer.
    Ooo, and pretty much anything by Mother Earth brewery. Wide range, but darker, heavier beer for the most part.

I've tried so many though! I attended my area's local "Beer Fest" this year, and was too tipsy by the end to really remember what I'd drank!

But, at heart, I'm really a hard cider kind of girl if I can't get my absolute favorites.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Mmm, beer, I haven't had one in too long.

Yuengling Black and Tan, has to be on tap.
    Michelob Amber Boch, for some odd reason I enjoy it.
    If all else fails hand me a Corona, with lots of lime.
  • kristykritter
    Options
    Any dark ale that is as black as coffee....YUM!
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Leinie's Summer Shandy and a nice frosty Spotted cow
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    dos equis beer
    Micholob Golden
    ultra
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    There's a micro brewery near Detroit MI that doesn't do a lot of distribution, so, you poor *kitten* can't try any of it (unless you live near Detroit).

Earl's spit stout: Very smooth for a darker beer and has a slight hint of a chocolate finish

Erik the red: Creamy and mellow.

Honey Porter: Just won Gold at an international competition.

Rev. Fred's oatmail stout: Imagine Guiness but much less bitter.

Final Absolution: Belgian style with just the right amount of bitter with very little hop note

The place has no T.V.s, no food, and no bar. Just tables, chairs, and beer (they do wine and soda too). The place is packed all the time.

Oh, and Miller Lite if I'm having more than one.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds Belgian beers. There is a belgian brew house near me... love!
    Piraat Triple IPA and Palm Belgian Pale Ale are my favorites there.

Also like Dundee IPA which is sort of local to me.
    Also a local beer White Lightning

I also like Magic Hat #9 & Blue Moon. Sam Adams seasonal ales are my favorites not so much the regular one.

I am terrible at describing beers. I just try and taste what I think I might like. My husband will drink anything I don't like anyway ;)
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love cheap beer.

Miller High Life and Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • BigPappaG
    BigPappaG Posts: 8
    Options
    Yuengling,Yuengling Black and Tan and Straubs
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Westvleteren 8, only because the 12 was sold out. Always listed as the best beer (12 that is) and I found out why in a Vancouver Belgian beer pub. It. Was. Amazingly. Balanced. Google it and you'll see why I was SOOOO damned excited when I found at the bar had this delight.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great Lakes Christmas ale....
  • Rosco63
    Rosco63 Posts: 37
    Options
    Am I the only person on a diet? Mich Ultra!! .....90 calories 2 carbs. And it's good!

Molson 67.......67 calories 2grcarb
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Sam's Boston Lager
    Sierra Nevada IPA
    Long Hammer IPA
    A local microbrewery's blondie (forget the name)
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    I saw beer.

Im here.

Favorite type;
    Cold, bottled, and full.

/\ THIS!!! That's my kind of thinkin!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Fat Tire ale is a good ale for general purposes. It's not too bitter, not too watery, and it's good for summer nights or generals purposes. Sierra Nevada ale is a good all-around beer for me that doesn't taste like watered down urine.

Favorite ale of all time, though, is this awesomely bitter dark stout called Arrogant *kitten*. That is not an ale for the faint of heart, though, because it's very dark and bitter. It's harder for me to find at smaller stores, but larger liquor marts carry it. Beer heaven right there.