Alli supplement. Yay or Nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My buddy and I were taking this. Worst stuff ever. If you decide you do want to take it, never eat Chinese food while you are.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Nay.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    NAYYYY. I watched a loved one try this.. =( I don't wanna see any one *kitten* themselves trying to lose weight.. It made me sad. It isn't easy losing weight.. If its worth having, its worth earning, the hard way =) [Pooing yourself isn't the hard way..]
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wasnt knocking Depends...my mother wore them in the nursing home till she died. But why wear them if you dont have to?
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    A couple of year ago i had the gp prescribed version (which are slightly stronger than the over the counter ones but the same) and honestly omg i lived on the loo, shares in the underwear world and omg the, well how shall i put it politely... well.... very VERY pongy bottie burps with rancid orange leakage.

Before anyone states i done it wrong, i didnt, i done the diet following gp's advice etc and still has this horrid side affect, same time my pal done this aswell had the same affect as me and she also suffered from bad heads too and we both came straight off them.

How about the adios plan if you want to go down the "added aid" road, personally i havent tried it, but know a handful of peeps have with a cal controlled diet have done really well, yet as for me personally i wouldnt as i got this size without pills, i can shift the "access" without pills, but thats just me.

Good luck in what you decide, we all be here for you x
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Um, no way. I can't imagine having to deal with the bowel issues. Can you imagine? Running the treadmill and suddenly having to change your undies? :embarassed:
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Causes diarrhea? Perhaps I should take this. It will cancel out some...ahem...negative effects of eating a lot of protein and all will be good.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I used it for about two months. I didn't have any unpleasant side effects, but that's because I was terrified and made sure I ate very low fat meals. I could tell if I had a meal that was borderline, that things were rumbling.... So I didn't dare to eat bad food. :grumble:

I think, honestly, the reason why it might be helpful is that it is like a deterrent to eat high-fat meals. You know that if you do, you will pay a steep price. You lose some weight, sure, but that could just be because you're not eating the high-fat meals! :wink:

It did help me to maintain a low-fat diet, and it was helpful for me to be forced to do that... But now I can do it on my own and I don't need the pills for that. Plus it is pretty pricey.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I would never voluntarily put something in my mouth where one of the listed side effects is "anal leakage". Just a personal preference.
    That being said, the negative reinforcement aspect of it might work for some people. If you can think to yourself "if I eat that cheeseburger I will very likely sh%* my pants", it might just be a good deterrent. I know that some people just skip the pill when they want to eat something 'bad', so as not to have the side effects. In that case, how is it helping?
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Causes diarrhea? Perhaps I should take this. It will cancel out some...ahem...negative effects of eating a lot of protein and all will be good.

Stool softeners... about every third day... works like a charm... LOL
  • carol989
    carol989 Posts: 19
    Options
    wow, diahrrea does not sound like a fun way to make progress haha, a friend was insisting that I take a supplement like alli and i heard about other nasty side effects like that and i decided to go the pill free route
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used it for 30 days when it first became so popular and didn't have side effects like they're talking about now. That being said, Alli was awful. I felt terrible while on it and didn't find that I lost any more weight while using it than I would've not using it (does that make sense? :P). My vote is an emphatic nay.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    very VERY pongy bottie burps with rancid orange leakage
    I only understand about half of that, but somehow this is the most terrifying post in the thread.

I can't offer any useful input, I'm afraid.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am never going to voluntarily sign up for anal leakage.