Plz help

Options
I am trying to lose like 25.5 pounds but I need encouragement... if you have any healthy eating suggestions plz tell me :bigsmile:

Replies

• dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It might help if you open your diary...
    But, fresh fruit/veges, lean meat, eggs, fish, avoid white (processed) foods - sugar, white bread/rice, add in whole grains, nuts.
    It's not hard to eat right, it just takes a bit more prep :)
  • kilemen
    kilemen Posts: 6
    Options
    I'll tell you my favorite breakfast food!! It is a quaker apple cinnamon rice cake with jiffy natural peanut butter (about 1tb) and some raisins sprinkled on top! It is actually really delicious and LOW in calories! Depending on how hungry I am I'll have one or two.
    It seems like the PB keeps me full for a while so its good for breakfast =)

Keep up the good work! I've only been doing this a few weeks and have lost 7 lbs and feel SO MUCH better! You WON'T regret it =)
  • brittanydilliard
    Options
    thnx :smile:
  • brittanydilliard
    Options
    wow thats cool lol thnx I might try it sometime just gotta go to the store lol :happy:
  • brittanydilliard
    Options
    It might help if you open your diary...
    But, fresh fruit/veges, lean meat, eggs, fish, avoid white (processed) foods - sugar, white bread/rice, add in whole grains, nuts.
    It's not hard to eat right, it just takes a bit more prep :)

i luv fruits and veggies :D
  • jejzemax5
    jejzemax5 Posts: 2
    Options
    plenty of veggies, eggs, whole grain oats, fresh fruits, beans--avoid starchy foods like breads, potatoes, white rice. Instead choose Ezekiel bread, quinoa, wild rice. Drink lots of water, avoid fruit juices.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Salads, lots of salads. Salsa or vinegar and oil. Add spinach to most meals, especially if you are mostly vegetarian
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Please don't forget the PROTEIN..it is important NOT to break down lean muscle during weight loss..Also, go to the recipes section..some great idea's there.

Best Wishes, Nicolette
  • pobanion
    pobanion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The best way to avoid the bad food is to not have it in the house...
  • brittanydilliard
    Options
    Salads, lots of salads. Salsa or vinegar and oil. Add spinach to most meals, especially if you are mostly vegetarian
    I don't like spinach but I should I add olive oil to like oatmeal because my mom read somewhere that people put olive oil in thier oatmeal and lost more than people that didn't?
  • brittanydilliard
    Options
    The best way to avoid the bad food is to not have it in the house...
    I will not get anything like bad food next time I go shopping but my sister luvs dr. pepper so she usually gets it so there is no way of stopping her from getting it but I don't usually drink it :)
  • brittanydilliard
    Options
    Please don't forget the PROTEIN..it is important NOT to break down lean muscle during weight loss..Also, go to the recipes section..some great idea's there.

Best Wishes, Nicolette
    thanks for the suggestion :) but where is the recipe section at exactly.... lol :)
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    i cut out all the junk food, drink a lot of water, watch the amount of sodium intake, and increased the amount a veggie u eat. oh and portion size is very important. that has worked for me. i cut out drinking soda also.
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany,

So a few comments I'd give:

Count whatever you eat...
    Yes, you want to have fruits, veggies, lean meat and proteins, whole grains, take a multivitamin...etc etc etc... but the key is: **count what you eat and stay within your calorie targets.** Really that simple.

The key to losing weight is to eat enough calories to sustain your body, but eat less than your daily burn. Set MFP to lose 1 Pound a week and you *likely* have a reasonable target to follow. Slow and steady. You will teach yourself as you go what you shouldn't eat because of the calorie count.

Healthy food selection is important, but for weight loss, the key is calorie count. I would encourage you to not listen to the "add such and such to your diet and the pounds will fall off" type ideas. Just count the calories. For example: adding olive oil will simply add the calories that are in the oil. Yes, you need good oils and healthy fats etc etc etc for rounded nutrition, but learn these as you go and simply count. Yes, Healthy fats and protein help people feel satiated so often result in lower calorie intake because people do not feel as "hungry"... but the key isn't oil, or protein, it is the calorie intake in your day. Find foods you like to eat that get you through a day with the appropriate calorie count. Including fruits, vegetables and lean meats are likely good foods to provide enough food mass and low enough calories that you feel satisfied, but the key is finding a way to make your count...

I know I made it sound too simple, but in my opinion, it is about your calorie intake first and let that teach you what you can eat... advice from anyone else is simply what they like - find what you like.

Just my opinion...