I want to know why...

Options
people get offended when I say I don't friend men on here out of respect for my husband? The funny thing is it's mainly women who seem to be offended. The guys seem to understand this. I've only been back on this site for about an hour now and I've gotten a lot of heat because of this. WHY?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Because some people believe this is bowing down to your husband. But, the way I look at it is, if you are happy (really happy and not pretending to be happy), and he is happy, then it's all good 'cause it's your life, your way of thinking and your marriage. To me it's the same as whether a woman chooses to stay home or to go to work. It's your choice, your life. :wink:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    people get offended when I say I don't friend men on here out of respect for my husband? The funny thing is it's mainly women who seem to be offended. The guys seem to understand this. I've only been back on this site for about an hour now and I've gotten a lot of heat because of this. WHY?

I guess I'm in a mood tonight...but who in the hell needs to have an opinion about your reasoning for respecting your husband? Screw 'em and friend whoever you want to!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options

I guess I'm in a mood tonight...but who in the hell needs to have an opinion about your reasoning for respecting your husband? Screw 'em and friend whoever you want to!

I agree. Who cares what anyone else thinks about any aspect of your life except your diet and workout regimen? I don't sweat that stuff. We're all so different.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry folks are getting you down. I don't think it's bowing down. If you feel this is a way to show respect, I think it's terrific and support you 100%. We all have those little things we do for the ones we love, and those that are done without a request have the deepest meaning. Every person should be friends only with those folks they want to, period.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I don't care who you are friends with, and I don't see why other people should care either.
  • Senbou
    Senbou Posts: 9
    Options
    Just makes it easier to know who you need to avoid :P
    Keep weedin' em out love and you'll be fine
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    Lol at deactivated account... but really who gives a sht if its a man or a women... I love having my "friends" support... I'm surprised how a strangers comment could put a smile on my face, and that's the point male or female we are here to encourage each other... and I have a lot of platonic male friends it always surprises me, because in elementry and middle school boys stuck with the boys, girls with girls... so when I'm hanging out with a group of all males.. and just chillaxing it feels weird lol, like you're not suppose to hang out with boya, boys are chiller than many girls so to each there own...I'm just saying if my s.o felt uncomfortable thars soimeyhong he'd have to work out as to why...