Poopin'

Options

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    put a teaspoon of mineral oil in a fruit smoothie. Done deal...and drink tons of water.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    target sells fiber gummies.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It's not too bad, and I have to watch that as I am diabetic. I think one serving is 10 sugar

I'll check this out!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Fiber Gummies-- they are actually quite good. 2 per day will help keep you regular (although I am an every other day gal).
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    Once a day. Fiber can cause constipation if you're not drinking enough water. Drink plenty of fluids and walk daily. Fiber, water, walking ....best combo.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Fiber One cereal for sure!!!! I go at least two times a day!!!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Have you tried the Fiber Gummies-- they are actually quite good. 2 per day will help keep you regular (although I am an every other day gal).

Never heard of them! Vitamin section?
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereal and snack bars are great for your problem!!!!!!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Bombing it out. Funny
  • R_Sheets_RI_bike_commuter
    Options
    Buy some Kashi cereal and in a day or two you will know what it is like to have enough fiber! :)
    red mills wheat bran on the kashi with oatmeal and berries pretty much makes #2 on demand...lol
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A cup of coffee keeps me "right as rain". Just once daily.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I got like 3-4 times a day......that is regular for me. I

Geez, I'm lucky to go that many times in a week! I know, it's not normal...but I've always been that way. Same w/ my mom and dad. Must run in the family. haha!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a day when my IBS-D is under control, much much more often than that when it isn't!
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    I've been told that it is different for everyone because our bodies process things differently. Unfortunately it isn't an easy answer and you just have to figure out what works for your body. Perhaps drink coffee?
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Once a day.....:)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    The normal healthy range is from several times a day to once every three days - it depends on the person. If I went every three days I would panic- but if that's your norm - ignore what people say
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I've been told that it is different for everyone because our bodies process things differently. Unfortunately it isn't an easy answer and you just have to figure out what works for your body. Perhaps drink coffee?

I drink one cup a day. I never used to pay attention to how often I go before y weightless journey.. Now i try to go all the time.. it's a beeotch.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A large amount of dark green veggies cooked in some type of oil on a regular basis would probably really help. I also find that being properly hydrated helps more than anything else.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    SO... I was just wondering...My father always said " fiber is super important" and one should use the bathroom to " #2" at LEAST 2 times a day, if not more.

Um.. I can't go that often

How regular is regular? I have been trying to get fibers in my diet.. but... poopin' aint easy!

personally, it sounds like your dad might be a laid back version of what some nurses call a "bowel baby". These "bowel babies" as grown adults were fixated on going #2, and the worst of them actually thought that horrible things would happen if they missed a *normal* #2

I do believe that "normal" varies for each person, but could be anywhere from several times a day to once every few days. Not to be graphic, but if you have to strain a lot to produce one, you probably do need more fiber in your diet. I have heard fiber referred to in the context of being the "broom" that sweeps the bowels clean. If you try and incorporate things in their more natural, unprocessed state into your diet, your fiber intake will go up without as much effort. Simple switches like whole grain breads and veggies can do this. Wheat germ has a 1g of fiber and 1.5g of protein per tablespoon... Sunflower seeds are almost all fiber--my youngest son scared the daylights out of me when he was about 2. I changed a dirty diaper, and it looked REALLY odd. An hour or so later it dawned on me that the #2 had looked like it was made up of tiny seeds...and he had eaten probably 1/4 cup or more of sunflower seeds the day before!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. I went to see a GI doc who asked me (ME!) to monitor my fiber. I was getting 30-70 grams a day). My husband is vegetarian. Our house is vegetarian. We eat WELL.
    Lots of plants!
    I had tons of tests done.

In the end? SLOW. Then I gave up wheat/gluten. My fiber went down by 1/2 and BAM I was regular.