I need your help! ASAP!

Options

Replies

• slimmerandslim
    Options
    Go for a 30 minute walk. That's one of the best things you could do. It'll clear you head and it's goo for you!

But here is smething I want to add...

Exercise can help. But eating -- what you choose to eat -- is the key. Years ago when I did a fitness program, my instructor said, "Don't bring things into your house that you don't want to be eating. " I took that pretty seriously and that helped a lot.

I keep my kitchen simple now: egg whites, tuna, pasta, skinless chicken breasts, fruit, vegetables and so on. I keep only in my house what I want to be eating -- so that when I'm hungry and reach for food I reach for something that is going to help me lose weight.

Remember, the key isn't to NOT EAT. The key is to eat well. The key isn't to exercise off lots of bad food. The key is to build NEW HABITS, so that when you reach for food or are at a restaurant, you reach for something that is good for you and works within your calorie count.

And, finally, don't think of it as "giving things up." The foods we're giving up aren't good for us. The foods we're going to start eating regularly are good for us. So, we're not giving anything up. We're CHOOSING TO EAT BETTER FOODS. This is a blessing, not a punishment; a reward, not a punishment.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    30 crunches

Done:)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Burpees 2 sets of 12

oh my Jeez! Done!! good lord..:) This feels great...keep it coming! And join in if you want and do it with me...live!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    25 crunchy frogs

ok explain this one please?!
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1- arms up, feet apart. 2- lift one knee up while lowering the hands to your hips. You can get a little jump for more power, alternate knees, go fast, go slow to work on the abs, etc.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    50 high knees & get on your back do 20 toe touches

Done!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Get a couple water bottles, lie on your back, arms outstretched. Slowly bring the water bottles up to meet each other and lower slowly. Do 10 reps of this, break, then repeat 3 more times.

Oh! I have some hand weights! Done! :)
  • davidsimmons59
    Options
    I am currently managing Major Depresive Disorder, Recurrant as well as starting a new food and fitness routine. I will tell you what works for me... NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! Have a plan, even a simple one, and stick to it. Structure your day and stick to it. be patient and persistant. I spent 5 1/2 weeks in psych lock-down and, after nearly 4 years, have my mental health in an AMAZING place. Now I am inviting my body to join in the fun. Also, include MyFitPal buddies on your MyFit page. The accounatability is amazingly helpful for me.

You are amazing! You are beautiful! You are excellent! And... you will never be perfect. However, you can always be flawless!:smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Put on some music that makes you smile and dance to 2 tracks!!

And... well done for doing something so positive and fun instead of reaching for a snack.
    You are a star!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Go for a 30 minute walk. That's one of the best things you could do. It'll clear you head and it's goo for you!

But here is smething I want to add...

Exercise can help. But eating -- what you choose to eat -- is the key. Years ago when I did a fitness program, my instructor said, "Don't bring things into your house that you don't want to be eating. " I took that pretty seriously and that helped a lot.

I keep my kitchen simple now: egg whites, tuna, pasta, skinless chicken breasts, fruit, vegetables and so on. I keep only in my house what I want to be eating -- so that when I'm hungry and reach for food I reach for something that is going to help me lose weight.

Remember, the key isn't to NOT EAT. The key is to eat well. The key isn't to exercise off lots of bad food. The key is to build NEW HABITS, so that when you reach for food or are at a restaurant, you reach for something that is good for you and works within your calorie count.

And, finally, don't think of it as "giving things up." The foods we're giving up aren't good for us. The foods we're going to start eating regularly are good for us. So, we're not giving anything up. We're CHOOSING TO EAT BETTER FOODS. This is a blessing, not a punishment; a reward, not a punishment.

I know these things and they have gotten me where I am...the doritos were my husbands..I try to keep the junk food to a minimum but I can't force my husband to eat the things I want and not what he wants so I have it in here sometimes...and my grandma thinks that the kids need junk and brings it over and I feel horrible for throwing it away..but I usually do pretty good staying out of it..only in low moments when I am really down do i get into it! Thanks for looking out and even though I know these things it does help to hear them again :) Thanks
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Theres a thing called jump squats.
    You stand up, then jump backwards into a squat.
    It kills the back of your legs. Do 4 of those in a row, then job for about 10 seconds to relieve the pain, then do it again!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    1- arms up, feet apart. 2- lift one knee up while lowering the hands to your hips. You can get a little jump for more power, alternate knees, go fast, go slow to work on the abs, etc.

done!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I am currently managing Major Depresive Disorder, Recurrant as well as starting a new food and fitness routine. I will tell you what works for me... NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! Have a plan, even a simple one, and stick to it. Structure your day and stick to it. be patient and persistant. I spent 5 1/2 weeks in psych lock-down and, after nearly 4 years, have my mental health in an AMAZING place. Now I am inviting my body to join in the fun. Also, include MyFitPal buddies on your MyFit page. The accounatability is amazingly helpful for me.

You are amazing! You are beautiful! You are excellent! And... you will never be perfect. However, you can always be flawless!:smile:

Thank you!!!:) Your kind words make a world of difference! Thanks every one keep em coming, I feel a lot better now!
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    put on a groovy song (l like You never can tell by Chuck Berry) see if you can do the twist to the whole song without stopping....you have to really go for it and look like a loon but its gauranteed to cheer you up! :happy: great work by the way!!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Theres a thing called jump squats.
    You stand up, then jump backwards into a squat.
    It kills the back of your legs. Do 4 of those in a row, then job for about 10 seconds to relieve the pain, then do it again!

Did some...don't know if I was doing them right but I tried:)
  • JRedwine
    JRedwine Posts: 16
    Options
    Get a can of soup or Veggies and use your arms and spell out the Alphabet I saw this from Kelly Rippa and it is a whole body work out. I know it sounds weird but you will fill the burn.
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ok so here is my story and I will try to keep it short. I am depressed...I have been for a while now and I am just barely maintaining my weight. I have 15 to lose still and it is just not gonna happen like this. This week is going to be tougher for me than before and I fear I am going to gain if I don't break the cycle. I am over my calories today and I just made myself put down the Doritos and get on here to ask for help...I have not exercised in like a month! It's ridiculous an there is no excuse, just laziness and giving in.

So here is what Im asking for....comment here with little exercises for me to do. Right now...I will put on my HRM, collect a few comments and do them then report in and get some more....I want to do it till I just can't any more...so please keep em coming! They have to be something I can do in my living room with not equipment...cardio or strength....Can you help?

Can you go out & buy a couple of dvd's? The best ones for just what you are talking about are Leslie Sansone Walk at home. You can burn 100 cal per mile you walk and you walk a mile in 15 mins of her workout. It is honestly the best dvd I have ever bought to just get you moving a little. Start with just 1 mile a day or if you can do more then do more. You can do this, look how far you have come! If you ever need anything please feel free to email, I am always here for anyone who needs the help bc I too know exactly how you feel!

Julie Ann
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    If you have stairs in your home, my suggestion is to walk up and down them for a minimum of 1 minute.
    Also, make sure that you are drinking a lot of water as well.
  • lputman71
    lputman71 Posts: 6
    Options
    burpees, they should help take your mind off whatever may be bothering you, I would reccomend doing as many as you can with proper form. :)