5'2 and 100+ lbs to lose!

So this is my billionth journey trying to lose my weight. I am 21 years old, and I have been overweight my entire life. I dropped out of high school a month after I turned 16 and gained 80 lbs within the last few years. Within the last year I have been in a 20 lb circle with diets such as HCG, Atkins, Weight watchers, and now I’m trying MFP. I have been on MFP for the last 2.5 weeks and I have lost 11 lbs (aint that exciting)! I am looking for motivational, inspirational, and struggling friends to help me on this journey!

Replies

• monicacallahan2011
    monicacallahan2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Im right with you! I am 22 years old and need to lose about 100lbs. I started my journey at 295lbs and am now at 251! About 100 more to go!! Its not easy .. thats for sure. But the more weight that comes off, the better you start to feel.. and the easier it gets =) One main thing Ive learned in my MULTIPLE attempts to lose weight is.. when you mess up.. Get right back up and keep moving! I would always slip up slightly on my diet, then feel like a failure and just keep spiraling down out of control. Its an awful cycle! I have been blessed with an amazing tool to help me in my journey. On April 4th 2012 I went in and had the Gastric Sleeve. A newer form of weightloss surgery. Definitley dont regret it. But its just that.. a tool. Not a cure all. I still have to make healthy choices and exercise everyday. If you need anything .. from advice .. support ... or even to vent .. dont hesitate to talk to me =) Ill help however I can!
  • Losingamy
    Losingamy Posts: 17 Member
    Hello lovely,

In September, I was where you are. I'm 5'2" (maybe a little less, even) and I started at 260 lbs with my goal set at 130. Through healthy eating (not diet), and exercise - mostly walk/jog/running, I've lost 47 lbs.

It's not all been rainbows and puppy dog kisses though - I've been fighting within a 5 lb yo-yo for the past 4 months. But even so, the benefits are SO worth it. I sleep better. I feel better. I don't have nearly as many aches and pains as I used to. Not to mention, my clothing has decreased by 3 sizes.

I'm not done. I'm not even halfway, but I'd be honored if you'd join me on this exciting journey.

~ Amy
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Good for you for doing this while you're still young. I'm in the same boat you are, 5'2" and needing to lose more than 100 lbs, but I'm doing it with 10 extra years on me. I wish I'd had the knowledge and courage to nip my weight problem in the bud in my early 20s.
  • LelahCookson
    LelahCookson Posts: 4 Member
    Not 5'2 but close! I'm 5'4 and went in for a check-up a week ago and the scale hit 300lbs. Don't know what it was about that number but it has put me in gear finally to do this right! I have 150 to lose and cry to think about how hard this is going to be. Add me if you would like! I'm pretty new on here and looking for friends!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Aww, we call can do it! I don't have 100 lbs to lose, but I too have been overweight most of my life (maybe when I was 2-3 i was ok!). Feel free to add me, let's motivate each other no matter how much we have to lose :)
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Hi! I'm 5' 2" (or 5' 1" if my scoliosis is showing that day. :tongue: ) and I have about 80 pounds left to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Feel free to add me, the more support the better! :D The fact that you keep starting is reason enough to keep going! You can do it!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Hi there lovely girl. I know it may seem like a daunting task but start out by setting small goals....maybe 5 lbs at a time) and also as long as you log and do a little sweating here and there the weight will come up just like you've seen in the time you've been using MFP.

This is a great place for motivation...friend me if you like. The more the merrier. :flowerforyou:
  • upendrah
    upendrah Posts: 14 Member
    Add me plz.... I have over 100 to lose, but 100 is good for now. *smiles>