did your belly return to normal?

Options
I'm still on my weight loss journey... but I wanted to know from the ladies if your belly turned out smooth? I'm still young, turning 20 this month but ive given birth so I have stretch marks in my belly and lower abdomen that are starting to sag a little... did yours go away or at least did the belly tighten up with time? My weight was 180 and I plan to get down to 130 or 120. I'm 5'3''

Replies

• jroja021
    jroja021 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nobody?? :(
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you but I will bump for others! Weird time of night for some...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have not given birth but I have seen some before and afters of very good looking tummies here of mothers who had lost weight and did great things for their muscles.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    some women it comes back to, the rest of us...well....dont ask
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have seen pictures of people who have had their belly go back to looking pretty awesome after having kids. Still working on mine...
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    it depends on the individual. the younger you are, the better chance it will snap back.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my weight loss journey... but I wanted to know from the ladies if your belly turned out smooth? I'm still young, turning 20 this month but ive given birth so I have stretch marks in my belly and lower abdomen that are starting to sag a little... did yours go away or at least did the belly tighten up with time? My weight was 180 and I plan to get down to 130 or 120. I'm 5'3''

I havent carried a lot of extra weight, but I did push out two almost 9 lb babies - so I had a pretty big basketball for a tummy. I have abs, but the last two usually hide under what I call my Joey pouch. With a lot of work, it does get better, but personally, I think the skin will always be loose there for me. It looks good when I'm standing, but when I sit down, it's like WTF???

Lol!

Here's hoping you fare better than me!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/615375-pics-of-mums-who-lost-there-baby-weight

this was posted earlier today, i reliped to it with a link to my own post from a few days ago.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and loose skin but it isn't that bad and is worth it because I would rather have loose skin and be healthy than have that skin filled up with unhealthy fat.
  • jroja021
    Options
    Thank you guys! I was starting to feel nervous today because of my lower abdomen. I would like abs on the future and I'm guessing they help with the while skin thing.
  • manders2
    manders2 Posts: 22
    Options
    My doctor said it is all about your skin type. I have had 4 kids and I am 32. My belly never looked like it did before I had kids but it does look "normal".
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    I had my first baby at 18, got back to normal weight (130lbs) in less than a year. My stomach did not return to normal. After my second baby I again lost the weight in about a year, but then started training for half marathons and triathlons. Never went back to normal. However, not everyone's body responds the same. Don't give up, anything is possible :)
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    Mine is starting to sag, too! I've had 3 kids and am 26...I'm hoping it will still "snap" back, lol
  • jroja021
    Options
    That link up there is great btw!

Did anyone use the butter's for stretch marks? The morning after I use then my skin always feels tighter... maybe they do work?
  • laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. I was 165 when I delivered my second child. I was 135 a year ago, and I've gotten down to 118 since I started trying to lose it. The skin sag is slowly but surely starting to disappear. I've still got some minor wrinkles but its not bothering me near as much anymore. If you want, I can show you some before/after pics of me post partum, and since I've lost all the weight.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I responded to the other mom thread as well. Some women can bounce back. I looked great with my first 3 kids. No stretch marks or loose skin, then kid four (first 4 kids in 5 1/2 years) BAM....stretch marks. Then even more with kids 5 and 6. I gained 50-60lbs per child and my last 4 babies were 9+ lbs.

Anyway, it can go back to looking great or you could have some loose skin. In my profile picture, I am posing to show that I can stretch it out to look good for a picture. But below is what it looks like when I am standing normal. Just remember, I had 6 kids, so my tummy got REALLY stretched!!!

8 months pregnant with child #6
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

Lost all weight, but you can see the looseness of the skin.
    June4Front.jpg
  • jroja021
    Options
    I am 5'2. I was 165 when I delivered my second child. I was 135 a year ago, and I've gotten down to 118 since I started trying to lose it. The skin sag is slowly but surely starting to disappear. I've still got some minor wrinkles but its not bothering me near as much anymore. If you want, I can show you some before/after pics of me post partum, and since I've lost all the weight.
    that be so helpful!! :) thank you so much!

I actually noticed a difference today and might be posting some before and during photos soon... but the stretch mark thing is something I don't even want to take pica of until the last moment!! Lol
  • rhondagirl1979
    Options
    I've have 2 kids, my oldest is 4 now....

With my first child, pre-pregnancy weight was 120, I gained 50 lbs during pregnancy. It took a full 2 years but I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight/shape and even better actually! I was 5'5" and 108lb, felt fantastic, wore 2-piece bathing suits, belly looked FLAT! This was a result of strict calorie control and regular exercise (nothing else would work...)

Now my second child is 10 months old and I am at 114 lbs BUT it doesn't look good. It looks like I weight about 130 lbs actually. My muffin top is not gone yet. But I know it will get there, since I've done it before, I can do it again! PS If you're thinking 114 lbs sounds "slim" it's different for every body type of course, and I am small-boned/petite and so any extra weight really shows and I get "lumpy" quickly.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I was young too and mine went back to normal. That's a plus to being young I suppose!
  • jroja021
    Options
    I responded to the other mom thread as well. Some women can bounce back. I looked great with my first 3 kids. No stretch marks or loose skin, then kid four (first 4 kids in 5 1/2 years) BAM....stretch marks. Then even more with kids 5 and 6. I gained 50-60lbs per child and my last 4 babies were 9+ lbs.

Anyway, it can go back to looking great or you could have some loose skin. In my profile picture, I am posing to show that I can stretch it out to look good for a picture. But below is what it looks like when I am standing normal. Just remember, I had 6 kids, so my tummy got REALLY stretched!!!

8 months pregnant with child #6
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

Lost all weight, but you can see the looseness of the skin.
    June4Front.jpg

You look great!! And wow congrats on the big babies! Mine decided to come early but everyone told me he wouldst been a big one if he had stated cooking for the rest of the 2 months he had left.