Options

Replies

• welcominganewself
    Options
    bump
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this!! Again, thanks for sharing :)
  • Cityperks
    Cityperks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Just made this, very tasty. The only changes I made were I used ham and also added some paprika. Great recipe, will make often.
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful but I have no bacon ( can I use bacon bits?):blushing:

Use whatever your heart desires! Sometimes I use diced up turkey pepperoni, diced ham-- even leftover chicken breast. If
    it's not a "breakfast-y" tasting meat then I sometimes sprinkle in a little sage (which is in sausage) and it makes it taste more like morning.

I would think you'd have better luck with real bacon bits rather than the imitation, though!

-Chelle
  • finallychelle
    Options
    That looks awesome! Do those noodles really have no calories?

They really don't have any calories (unless you buy the kind with tofu blended in-- then they have a little bit of calories).

The vegetable that they're made from (a Japanese yam) has virtually no calories.

Enjoy!

-Chelle
  • finallychelle
    Options
    I had this for breakfast today. It was yummy.

Thanks for the feedback, grrl! This has become my favorite breakfast. I eat it most mornings, now.

-Chelle
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds delish! Can't wait to try. Thank you for sharing!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    where do you get your noodles at? The store by my house only has the small bags. And no where else by me carries them.
  • finallychelle
    Options
    where do you get your noodles at? The store by my house only has the small bags. And no where else by me carries them.

Despite living in a rural area, since I live near an Air Force base we have 5 Asian markets nearby. They are, by far, the cheapest source for shirataki noodles. (I get them for around $1.35/8oz bag)

Some supermarkets have decent prices-- Harris Teeter and Sprouts, come to mind. ($1.59/8oz bag)

Next tier of pricing would be Whole Foods and places like that ($2.00/8oz bag)

The highest prices I've found are Publix and Kroger (($2.49-$2.69/8oz bag)

They have a shelf life of 4-10 months (depending on who you ask), so if you find them in an area that has Asian markets you should buy several cases (24/case, usually). If they're tofu shirataki noodles (shirataki noodles blended with tofu) then they have to stay refrigerated. Most brands of (non-tofu) shirataki noodles do NOT have to be refrigerated, however, until you open the package.

You can order them online but the shipping is kind of high.

Your best bet is to find the closest Asian market, call to find out if they have them-- and if the price is reasonable, make a trip out of it.

-Chelle
  • gigglebox6352
    Options
    Going to try this!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Despite living in a rural area, since I live near an Air Force base we have 5 Asian markets nearby. They are, by far, the cheapest source for shirataki noodles. (I get them for around $1.35/8oz bag)

Some supermarkets have decent prices-- Harris Teeter and Sprouts, come to mind. ($1.59/8oz bag)

Next tier of pricing would be Whole Foods and places like that ($2.00/8oz bag)

The highest prices I've found are Publix and Kroger (($2.49-$2.69/8oz bag)

They have a shelf life of 4-10 months (depending on who you ask), so if you find them in an area that has Asian markets you should buy several cases (24/case, usually). If they're tofu shirataki noodles (shirataki noodles blended with tofu) then they have to stay refrigerated. Most brands of (non-tofu) shirataki noodles do NOT have to be refrigerated, however, until you open the package.

You can order them online but the shipping is kind of high.

Your best bet is to find the closest Asian market, call to find out if they have them-- and if the price is reasonable, make a trip out of it.

-Chelle

Thank you
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I managed to find some tofu shirataki and I tried them once in place of spaghetti but I couldn't get past the texture even after dry frying them. I will have to try this recipe since I love bacon. I think a non pasta recipe would be best so I am not expecting a pasta texture to the dish ;)
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love Shirataki Noodles! I have bought them in bulk because I eat them daily. In Europe we cannot buy them at the Grocery Store so I buy them online.

I just ate Bacon and Egg Shirataki Breakfast Stir Fry with 2 pork sausages on the side for breakfast and it was so delicious! Thank You my dear Friend Chelle you are truly a blessing to me and so many other people by sharing your recipes. :flowerforyou: I never would have known about these faux noodles if it were not for you and MFP.

My darling Hubby cooked this for me since he asked me what I wanted for breakfast. He is an expert at making the Shirataki Miracle noodles now and the smell does not bother him with the liquid that the noodles are packed in. The key to eating these good rinsing of the noodles until smell is gone, and for me it is also cutting the longer length of angel hair, and Fettuccine.

The most important part is frying them in a frying pan to release the moisture like Chelle says.It is easy just follow her directions on her blog and search on MFP for "Shirataki Noodles" We also combine the miracle noodles with lots of fresh garlic minced up We love garlic. The noodles have no taste except for the ingredients that flavor them.

The Angel hair pasta is not chewy when it is cooked as Chelle says. The 1st time we made the Fettuccine I was afraid of swallowing because it was like rubber bands only because we did not follow the directions as Chelle said, following the directions on the package is not enough in my opinion. You must experiment and follow her directions to dry fry them exactly. The noodles we have used for stir fry, Chicken Noodle soup and the miracle rice is used for Stuffed Green/Red Peppers recently.

Chelle,my Hubby followed your recipe except for the garlic and afterwards I added a teaspoon of butter and Cholula hot garlic Chili sauce. 2 bacon strips inside the dish and I had 2 pork sausage links on the side with sugar free maple syrup.

I ate all of it and enjoyed it especially when its low carb and low cal. My beloved Hubby says he will keep experimenting what can be added to the Breakfast Shirataki stir fry recipe.

The best part for me is not only do I get to eat my pasta for zero carbs and calories but it expands in your tummy as a fiber and keeps you filled up for at least 3 hours or more.

The next thing on the list to make is the miracle rice pudding with Chocolate protein powder combined with miracle rice. Dr. Sarah Solomon demonstrates how to make it in a video that I found in the search engine.

Dr. Sarah Solomon is a body builder/Dentist and has a 6 pack set of abs! I never saw my Abs even when I wore a size 8-10. I really doubt with my health issues I will ever see my Abs :cry: oh well thats life. I will continue to change what I can control and that is my diet. :smile:

Dr. Sarah Solomon also recommends the Shirataki Noodles and shows videos of her cooking. I laughed aloud in the videos she looks like the deceased Amy Winehouse and has a delightful sense of humor but she uses it to teach nutrition instead of nutrashion. :laugh:
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That looks good anytime of day. Thanks!
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump