60 lbs gone in 6 months!!

Options
Hello,
I'm Desiree.
I started my senior year weighing 230 lbs., pre diabetic, and size 17/18 in jeans. I felt really horrible about myself. I noticed people (specially boys) treat you like crap when you're fat. None of my clothes fit me so all I would wear was leggings and sweaters, which made me feel even more unattractive. I hated pictures, my face looked so swollen. January 5th I said you know what, you can do this. So I went on a "diet" I changed EVERYTHING I ate. I would eat so horrible, arizonas, chips, mc doubles, candy, soda, hot pockets. Like every other teen of course. I told my family how I changed my eating habits. I stuck to it. All I drink is water (it really works). I started p90x in February and I stuck to that. I remember I started getting disappointed because no one was noticing my weight loss, and then spring break came, a week without seeing any of my friends or anyone from school. When I got back everyone was noticing. It was weird! Just a week?? Two different girls asked if I was okay and if i was sick? I said I was getting *kitten* done! Haha. As I started losing more weight everyone from school, church, stores I usually go to, customers from my job, people that I don't talk to, started to notice. and it is the best feeling in the world. I felt like I made an impact at school. People are going to remember me now. People treat me different, its sad but its true. Boys want to talk to me now (I don't know if thats good or bad?) But life is better when you're healthy not just because how you are treated but because when you look in the mirror you can actually smile and say I'm beautiful. If I can do it, I'm sure anyone can. I'm not to my goal yet, I want to lose 20-30 more but my family tell me to stop already. My older sister has always been the skinny beautiful one, and I was the fat tom boy, but now I'm 7lbs away from her and I wear her clothes, and she hates it, but i love it :) now I am a 9 in jeans!!

At my peak 230:
c160fd91.jpg

f2ae563d.jpg

74e3af69.jpg

grad.jpg

Now 170:

95441cce.jpg

93532201.jpg

7644db46.jpg

641bddf6.jpg

10051795475655_ORIG.jpg

4051795438508_ORIG.jpg

Yesterday lol :
tumblr_m54pbrfzHl1r1npb3o1_500.png

Replies

• paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    to post pics change (IMG) to lower case (img)
  • kellystocker
    kellystocker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great work Desiree! As long as you're doing it in a healthy way, that's awesome. And find someone to talk to about the mental ramifications of how people treat you differently. It can be really confusing and annoying -- and that's coming from me at 32. I would imagine it will be more difficult as someone in their teens. Congrats my dear!

Kelly S
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    c160fd91.jpg

did that fix it?
  • desireeeb94
    Options
    okay i did :)
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Congratulations! I need to loose 60 lbs to get to my goal you are a real insparation!:smile:
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Can now see pics wow you look amazing!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well done Desiree, That's fantastic !!! a job well done :drinker: :bigsmile:

You look amazing !! your family must be really proud of you
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    wow i love the black dress on you! Very awesome!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! You look amazing and you are such a beautiful looking girl, You should be so proud of what you have a chieved.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love your legs :flowerforyou:

well done and enjoy the new life
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful!! Congrats on the hard work! :)
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Good for you!
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Way to go, what a killer transformation!
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    You are gorgeous and I'm glad you finally feel it too :) congrats on your weight loss!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! What dedication :) Keep up the good work!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You were always gorgeous, but now you sparkle from the inside out! :flowerforyou: Congratulations you're such an inspiration.

I have the stunning and skinny sister as well! Can't wait to catch up to her :bigsmile:
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    I have wondered why guys treat you better when your thinner
    So I spoke to my male friend about it and he said guys notice thinner girls more as they look more confident and they
    Look as though they respect and love themself. This makes girls more approachable because it's hard for someone to love you if you can't love yourself!

I think I agree with this, yes it can make them shallow but a guy just loves a confident girl.

Thoughts anyone?
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Now THATS a woman!
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You were gorgeous before you lost the weight but now you're gorgeous and healthy. You look amazing, congrats.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look amazing! Well done! A great inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!