How often do you weight yourself??

Options
So, when working as a weight loss consultant, we would weigh our clients every time they came in.

My "weigh in day" is Sunday Morning, after using toilet, and before eating and stepping into shower. I tend to weigh myself every other day, just to make sure I'm not gaining anything, and if so, I can nip it in the bud... b/c we all know, the scales don't lie!

How often do you weigh yourselves???

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have a similar schedule/routine to you except my "weigh in" day is Saturday morning.
  • gward84
    gward84 Posts: 16
    Options
    I weigh myself every day at the same time for the same reason, if it goes up a bit I can do more exercise / eat healthier the next day.

Everyone's different but it dosn't matter as long as it's going in the right direction :smile:
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The scale does lie because you could be gaining muscle weight but loosing fat off your body. I weigh once a week. But I prefer the NSV like having baggy pants now or having someone tell me they can see how much weight I have lost
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I like to know how my eating, water, and exercise the previous day affected me.
  • amyliz0226
    amyliz0226 Posts: 37
    Options
    Unfortunately I weigh myself every morning at the same time. I know this is not a good thing, but I'm not getting discouraged (so far) if the scale doesn't go down, or even goes up. Because I still know that I'm doing the right thing. It is a huge motivator when I see it go down!
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Since I started MFP, I do it every Sunday morning.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :wink: usually every morning, but this morning I stepped on the scale and it broke....maybe it's a sign? Good thing I have lost weight lately or me breaking the scale would have been demoralizing
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It has been 30 days since I weighed myself, but I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning on Monday's.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I record it on a spread sheet. Weight loss is by FAR not linear so every couple of months or so I like to make a graph to see how all those ups and downs REALLY look!

Also, I also like to weigh in the evening sometiems as well and record, just for curiosity sake. It's hit or miss if I do but I record right next to the mornings weigh in if I do :bigsmile:
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but only once a day.
  • prettyhealthyandhappy
    prettyhealthyandhappy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i weight myself every morning before breakfast. i know, once a week, would be enough, but i kind of need to control it:)
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Every day!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself way too often. I really need to have my hubby hide the scale and only let me weigh in once a week. :grumble:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Daily in the morning.
  • reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Usually Saturday or Sunday. I like to wait until around 11 am. I'm dressed and have had breakfast but not lunch. I figure that's the most "realistic". If I were weighed at the doctor's office that's around when I'd usually plan on going.
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    I weigh once a week, in the morning after toilet and before breakfast as well. It's better for me if I don't obsess and weigh every day, plus daily fluctuations can be caused by any number of things besides fat gain/loss.
  • tara12riley
    Options
    I'm guilty of weighing myself everyday too, and sometimes I get discourged cuz I will have lost a few then it looks like I've gained it back but the next day it will be gone, drives me crazy!! but I do it because like everyone else I want to nip anything in the bud.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a month.

I used to weigh in daily but it just lead to constant disappointment.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Each morning, but my goals are tied a little more toward what I can do physically and how I look, so I don't get too discouraged by a 5 pound swing. The noise is just the noise.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    Once a week. Rarely twice. I do it same time of day, and same day of the week. So usually about 8am before I eat and get into the water. best time is mornings before you eat.