Bath-salts drug...

Options

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Because of the name, now younger kids think that the older kids are doing actual bath salts that you put in your bath water! It's ridiculous. I've heard of a few kids here smoking actual bath salts.

The actual drug is not actual bath salts though.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It's insane. I watched an episode of Intervention where the poor guy made devices using household items, like a flashlight with felt on it, to help him spot the demons in his house. He could see piles of dead bodies all over the place,and would climb the bookcases in his mom's house and walk across the tops of them to avoid the things only he could see in his head. He could just walk down to his local smoke shop and buy a vial of this stuff for $7. After the intervention, they took him in for testing. Even AFTER getting him off the drug, he was diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder. Because he was so messed up, he broke out of his mental hospital, went back home, and continues to do the drug. It's BAD stuff. And it's legal!! The FDA haven't done enough testing to know the long term effects of this stuff. It's a sin what people do to themselves.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It's obviously a very scary drug when abused, but so is anything. I know a couple people (not close friends, just acquaintances, not drug addicts) who tried it last summer when no one really knew about it. If you just do a little it doesn't have the psychotic effects. But who ever does just a little? Especially those who have these addict personalities...(which is usually who is doing it)

Even these people I know who tried it said they wouldn't do it again. They said it was like they drank a million pots of coffee; couldn't sit still, couldn't stop talking, and couldn't sleep for 24 hours.

I agree with the person who said what happened to good ol' beer n grass? lol
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Let Darwin take it's course. Idiots. My mom died via her lifelong crack addiction. I simply do not see the appeal.

My dad died from heroin
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma has already outlawed them.

Really? Thank god. I'm going back to Oklahoma in a few weeks and was afraid I'd get my face eaten.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get slammed for this but to me, all the more reason to legalize "safer" drugs such as pot. Hell, even cocaine and LSD seem more safe to use than this new manufactured drugs that people keep coming up with.

What did the 20's teach us? Obviously nothing. Prohibition doesn't work, it just creates a bigger spectrum of crime, murder and death.

Drug use will NEVER go away. The more the government tries to restrict their use, the more dangerous alternatives will show up. People who want to use them will find a way regardless. We can allow it safely or keep digging deeper into this hole.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Let Darwin take it's course. Idiots. My mom died via her lifelong crack addiction. I simply do not see the appeal.

My dad died from heroin

The weird part about it is that as I watched her in ICU fading away, it wasn't all of the bull**** she put me through that I mourned for. It was for all the things that could have been, but would never be. My dad used to be on Heroin as well, but he stopped in the late 80s. I've only met him a couple times though.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    *sigh* outlawing is what drives these drugs in the first place.

If you ban something, people move on to a rawer, legal version of the drug.

That's why we get horribly dangerous drugs like bath salts and mephedrone, they give the same effect as real drugs but are a hundred times worse, but easier to get hold of cuz they're legal.

Banning things like ecstacy and lsd (which of course have their risks) seems like a good idea, but it just means that people move on to stuff which is still legal but far far far more damaging.

There is endless proof of this, Dr Nutt's drugs scale, this study showed that when presented with evidence, casual drug users choose the healthier options - such as ditching the tobacco but not the ecstacy http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/mar/15/drugs-policy-survey-political-credibility. No one wants to take something that will harm them, if there is a safer option. If you're in the UK you can watch "our drugs war" on 4od, you might be able to find it in other countries, the very first episode (everyone's at it) specifically talks about how banning substances just leads to abuse of worse substances.

I'm not sayin we should start opening up heroin stands on street corners, but I do think the current policy of just banning everything is failing. It's failing horribly, while criminals make huge profits, victims of addiction are jailed and kids are taking harmful substances because the education about drugs is either totally false or greatly exaggerated, to the point when there doesn't seem to be a difference between smoking a joint and smoking heroin.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    never done it.. but there's been 4 cases where people do zombie-like things because of bath salts:

http://www.examiner.com/article/zombie-apocalypse-more-bizarre-gruesome-incidents-reported

police/doctors are pretty sure all of these incidents are bath salts or pcp related.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    From my knowledge, it isn't in the southwestern ontario area. My husband is a cop and he said that he hasn't seen anything yet here. It's insane!!
    It breaks my heart seeing so many people on drugs on facebook. Seriously! Who needs to wear sunglasses at night?!!! We aren't stupid and know what you are doing!
    There was a big party here in Toronto (DEMF) and this girl thought that her hair was on fire and tried killing herself. Her hair was NOT on fire.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this but I don't get it. Is this real bath salts like the lavender vanilla bath salts I have in my bathroom or the epsom salt I sometimes put in the bath tub or is this something different?

ETA: I'm in VA and they are banned here so I'm also wondering if I have an illegal substance in my bathroom *paranoid*

It's sold in head shops and not the bath salts that have been around awhile (that you would buy at Walmart or something).

It's basically a manufactured drug sold under the name bath salts.

What classification is it? Amphetamine? Barbituate? Hallucinogenic?
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    They are called bath salts and labelled with 'NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION' and this is a legal loophole. Alot of places have banned them but then they just call them something else, package them differently and put them back up for sale. The contents are not salt at all but granuals containing something similar to 'ecstasy' I've seen some tv documentaries about this stuff. It's lethal, stay away from it, whatever you do.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I listened to a Canadian podcast on Bath Salts this week- very informative, you can download it through the CBC "The Current" podcasts for free on itunes.

It's terrifying. I'm a pretty liberally minded person- but bath salts is NOT a drug that can be experimented with with a limited amount of risk. It needs to be banned completely in all countries- this isn't your normal MDMA or cocaine (not that I'm advocating these drugs at all!) this is a serious psychotic-inducing drug, and if I knew people at the concert/festival I was at were taking it, I would get out of there instantly.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

My dad died from heroin

The weird part about it is that as I watched her in ICU fading away, it wasn't all of the bull**** she put me through that I mourned for. It was for all the things that could have been, but would never be. My dad used to be on Heroin as well, but he stopped in the late 80s. I've only met him a couple times though.

I seriously want to hug you right now. I've struggled with addiction, and put my kids through some crap. Fortunately, I got my act together before they got too big, but the damage was done. I'm so sorry that your parents weren't there for you like they should have been.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    It's LSD. research that and see what horror stories you get.. I'm still stuck over the naked homesless man eating a man's face here in Florida. :noway:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get slammed for this but to me, all the more reason to legalize "safer" drugs such as pot. Hell, even cocaine and LSD seem more safe to use than this new manufactured drugs that people keep coming up with.

What did the 20's teach us? Obviously nothing. Prohibition doesn't work, it just creates a bigger spectrum of crime, murder and death.

Drug use will NEVER go away. The more the government tries to restrict their use, the more dangerous alternatives will show up. People who want to use them will find a way regardless. We can allow it safely or keep digging deeper into this hole.

I'm with you Mandy. Also I'm officially old now because I truly don't get "kids these days". I mean this S is just dumb! I understand that kids are going to be kids and experimentation is part of that. I did it, many of us did.

But you sneak a few beers or try some pot! You'll get a hangover or eat too much junk food but (SO LONG AS YOU DO NOT DRIVE) you'll most likely survive and you sure as hell won't wake up chewing on a homeless guy's face. Where's that get fun?

These "bath salts" and spice (synthetic marijuana) are worse than the damn drugs they fight so hard to prohibit and half the time they're legal because the law still hasn't caught up with what's on the shelves.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4xzneeuoC1qfv7mno1_500.jpg

21201012.jpg

00006864_internet-memes-zombies-soon1.jpg
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Why do I see myself old and gray someday saying " when I was your age I had to go find a dealer on the street,and walk 2 miles uphill both ways to get to him!'
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The problem with banning this drug is new versions pop up with slightly altered chemical structure which aren't illegal. I used to work with drug addicts and this one is the worst drugs I have ever seen. I agree with legalization of marijuana. Let's tax the hell out of it and solve some of our budget problems.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    From my knowledge, it isn't in the southwestern ontario area. My husband is a cop and he said that he hasn't seen anything yet here. It's insane!!
    It breaks my heart seeing so many people on drugs on facebook. Seriously! Who needs to wear sunglasses at night?!!! We aren't stupid and know what you are doing!
    There was a big party here in Toronto (DEMF) and this girl thought that her hair was on fire and tried killing herself. Her hair was NOT on fire.

do you really stereotype those who wear their sunglasses at night, that they're doing drugs? Not always the case. No one really needs to they just do. And probably 80% aren't on drugs.