NSV - First 5K!!

Options
So this past Saturday I ran my first ever 5k with my wife and a few other family members. Totally surprised myself with how far I could run without stopping. Crossed the finish line with my wife and sis-in-law with a time of 41:25. Not spectacular I know, but so stoked that I was able to finish. Already signed up for another one next month! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• candiceprov31
    candiceprov31 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! My first one is in 3 weeks and I am nervous!!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well done.

Think of all the effort it has taken you to train and prepare for this!

Still training for my first. Thanks for posting :drinker:
  • Mofette
    Mofette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I run 5k every saturday, my times are pretty bad, started at 48 minutes but now I'm down to 40. We are out there doing it, it's awesome (and I can't wait to get down to 30 mins) and we'll keep getting better and better x
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Way to go!!! I didn't have a spectacular time when I did my first 5k either... I wallowed about it for a while until someone verbally kicked my butt and said, "HEY! Look at all the training and discipline it took for you to get out there!" And they were right.

Awesome job dedicating yourself to this! Your time can always improve but no one can take away your heart and determination!
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?

NON SCALE VICTORY
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I didnt run the whole way of my first and it took 46:15. I just did a training run tonight and ran my first 5K straight in 39:11. I have a race in 2 weeks!
  • Bkhall79
    Bkhall79 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Next goal is to get under 40 min....Now that I have been through one 5k, I can't wait to try another. Of course, AFTER my freakin knee heals....Lol
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I am currently training for my first 5K in October. Time doesn't matter. What matters is the dedication and goal setting of doing it. It is a great achievement! : )
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I ran my first 5K on Saturday too! :)
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Well done! I have a 5K next Sunday and am really looking forward to it (strangely enough)!

I am with you on the sore knees ... I did a 'practice' run last night and 'went for it' (in hindsight I probably ran it faster than I should have) so am paying for it today. Hopefully with a day or two of rest I will be alright for one more (gentle) run before the 5K on Sunday!

Best of luck with your preparation for the next one!!!!
  • pearceda
    pearceda Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I jus competed in my first timed 5K race last Saturday...what a feeling! last christmas I did our local reindeer run (also a 5K) and it took me 36 minutes to complete it, with some running and walking. I have been running anywhere from 5K to 11K three times a week since then, and my 5K time has always been around 28 minutes or so. I had said to my wife, who also did the run last Saturday, that I would be happy with a 27 minute race.....I did it in 25:20 (a new PB for me) and my wife did it in 28:07...(also a PB for her) I was pumped to be out there with all the other runners that I was just a bundle of energy (and a little nervous to boot). There is nothing better than crossing the finish line knowing that you have accomplished something great! Keep it up all you runners.
  • jshashaty
    jshashaty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job! I would love to try it one day

Jackie
  • feedingonrose
    Options
    Wow sounds so awesome! Great job. I have my first 5k with my family in sept. to benefit my sister in law fighting breast cancer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!