starting back after having 2 surgeries,ugh!

Options
I just had hyster and bladder surgery in July and Aug..It's been 7 weeks of recovery since last surgery so I think I am now finally ready try again.I have only gained 10 lbs during this(hoping some is still due to lots of swelling,lol) so far.I do not want to gain anymore.I am ready to tackle the food portion but will have to settle for mini walks for now.Anybody been through this?I think I am looking at a long journey ahead because still can barely drive,ugh!!!Sooooo frustrating.Advice from someone who has been there would be great.

Replies

• life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    well i cant help you but your not alone. i am starting back after gul bladder july 17 and hyster sept 17.
    i am only 4 weeks after but im have to start working out now even if its walking the only thing we are allowed to do. been logging food for a week and half to get back in habbit. i wish you the best of luck. we can do it!!! :-)
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Well I had back surgery 1 & 1/2 yrs ago...a recently had a gall bladder scare (no surgery for me...I refuse after back surgery)(I'm changing my diet for that)

I felt like a Truck hit me. It's strange how you have surgery but EVERY part of your body hurts:sad: .. What's up with that?

I feel for you. I can still remember not even being able to turn my head when I drove my kids to school. Please take it easy & pamper yourself. Give your self all the time you need. Just tackle the food part & the weight should still come off. It's taken me a good year to feel good somewhat. Please take care & email me if you would like to talk further.:flowerforyou:
  • tke1028
    tke1028 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk.Hope your diet goes well!!!