Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin forerunner 305 it does use a strap but it is alos a GPS and you can upload all your data to their website and track everything on a map, elevation, HR, Pacing, ect ect its a nice tool. But this is way more than a HRM if that is all you will ever use it for then I would not recommend this becouse you can get nice HRM for less. Oh yea you can program all your data so it will beep at you if your pace is too slow or if your HR falls below a certain level ect ect.
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    I bought 2 and returned them bought the polar ft4 and it's so simple and easy! Strap does not bother you at all! The other 2 I bought where complicated and inaccurate! Buy the polar I had a 20% coupon for sports authority so was only 70 dollars!
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    just bought FT60 hope its as great as ppl claim!
  • johnscat1981
    johnscat1981 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't agree that the strap makes it accurate. I have an ipad app that's very accurate and it doesn't touch my body. I check it against my blood pressure monitor and HRM.

This makes no sense. We are talking about Heart Rate Monitors, the whole purpose of which is to accurately estimate calories burned by monitoring your heart rate! (Hence the name.) A Heart Rate Monitor needs to have a chest strap to be accurate, because that's the part that monitors your heart rate.

Whatever your iPad app does, I guarantee it is not monitoring your heart rate without touching your body, therefore the fact that it does not require a chest strap is quite irrelevant to a discussion of Heart Rate Monitors.