The Double Belly...UGH

Options
I find myself so frustrated by looking at these pictures of women with a single belly, that is they have one large belly rather than it being split at the belly button like mine. It is like I have two bellies, one above and one below. The one above is much smaller but I really hate it. I can never imagine being able to wear a two piece or anything like that. Does anyone else have this body type? Please help, I need to know what I can do that might help smooth it into one. :(

xoxo
Mom on a Mission

Replies

• BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    sweetie i have 3 so i total understand
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    I have that also..but I just do and ive never been pregnant or anything
    I noticed if I stay below 30 grams of sugar and eat alot of protein and workout it's been slowly going away and my stomachs getting flatter and flatter. it takes a really long time though :sad:
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I think I must have one belly for each baby. I know people swear by planks but to be honest its probably an overall weight loss that is needed and you will see it come back. I'm noticing a difference already.
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    OMG! I thought I was the only one!! I'm so glad to find someone else with the same type of problem. But mine is just from being overweight. No babies here.
  • anku08
    anku08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    even i have two stomach.... somebody please tell what to do..
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I do. I use to make my husband laugh telling him I look like I have three sets of boobs. :laugh:

The only thing you can do is keep on keepin' on and get rid of the fat. Build up some muscle underneath and hopefully it'll go away.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing! The top one is going away SLOWLY - the bottom one - not so much!! Frustrating I know!!
  • Cindylou321
    Options
    I have that but also I have lots and lots of extra skin hanging off my belly.

I'm 4' 9" tall so when pregnant the baby has no where to go but straight out so I was stretched way to far..
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    Words spoken from my own brain. I have the two belly effect and it's a suckfest.

I've lost about 50-60 pounds at this point and I will say that both areas have significantly shrunk. With that being said, I wasn't educated about weight training through the process and now my bottom belly is smaller, but saggy from the weight loss; while the top belly is almost fully gone.

I suggest a change in diet, obviously, and encourage you to add ab work and strength training into your workout regime. I wish I would've figured that out sooner than now...... Oh well, I'm working on it now :] It's never too late!!

Good luck, from one two belly to another!!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Althought, my top one is bigger than bottom one. I too need some advice on getting rid of it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I have it! I had one HUGE belly then it shrank into 'two'. I do remember though that when I was smaller, I started with the 'lower' belly then the upper belly grew, separating the two. Now the top one is shrinking (hopefully gone for good someday!) and I pray the lower one will go next. I still have 20-25lbs to lose (cw 145) and I know that the 'top' belly started to grow at 130lbs so I hope its gone by the time I reach that goal.
    Keep measuring, doing cardio and it ( I mean THEY), will go away. Good luck and keep working at it!
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    I have this and I HATE it!!!!! Hoping it gets better with weight loss
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I also have 2.. kinda split right at the belly button.. nothing u can really do except get a tummy tuck ( which i would LOVE to have) I usually wear something under my shirt to help smooth it ( like a body shaper) out and hold the loose skin in.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My understanding it that it is a structural thing kind of like body type (i.e. apple, pear, etc). It hassomething to do with how your muscles are alligned underneath. I just feel like having a totally flat stomach is impossible but it is the only way I think I will ever have a normal looking tummy. I have had the double tummy my entire life. BOO I am so glad I am not alone!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have it. When it was at my heaviest I thought it looked like billy the big mouth bass...kind of. Hate it with a passion! It shrinks slowly and still looks awful, but lumpier now. =(
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Words spoken from my own brain. I have the two belly effect and it's a suckfest.

I've lost about 50-60 pounds at this point and I will say that both areas have significantly shrunk. With that being said, I wasn't educated about weight training through the process and now my bottom belly is smaller, but saggy from the weight loss; while the top belly is almost fully gone.

I suggest a change in diet, obviously, and encourage you to add ab work and strength training into your workout regime. I wish I would've figured that out sooner than now...... Oh well, I'm working on it now :] It's never too late!!

Good luck, from one two belly to another!!
    Oh man you are hilarious! lol I am doing strength training and cardio so hopefully it will pay off eventually!
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have two bellies as well...they are getting smaller as I lose fat and inches...working on the loose skin, and I don't have kids...it's just from being really overweight. There is hope...lots of improvement as the weight comes off! :)

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sarhneman
    sarhneman Posts: 3
    Options
    I've always had that too! I'm just hoping that they'll eventually both be flat. It seems like most people do have the single belly. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. :) I guess it just means we're special. lol
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    me too, sick of seeing pics of normal bellys on here lol. can't wait to have a belly button again instead of a belly line - try leaning really far back (breathing in of course) - if i could hold that pose i'd look great in my bikini :)
  • adr810
    adr810 Posts: 18
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing! Even when I was smaller I still had a small "pouch" under my belly button but since having a baby it is a lot worse. It's very frustration but hopefully it will disappear as I lose weight!