1 year later, 76lbs down!!

Options
glampixxie
glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
I have a hard time believing it's been a year since I decided to change my life. The journey hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine, but honestly, I really have enjoyed it and I'm so glad I committed and pushed through. I am a much stronger person on the inside and out now.
I remember the day I decided to change my mind. It was May 28, 2011 and I had just went to my doctor's office...to my absolute horror, I weighed in at a whopping 230lbs. The number shocked me...so much so that I decided right then and there that I'd start counting calories. I was totally against exercise, but after finding MFP shortly after, and reading about all the benefits of exercise, I started small, with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, then moved on to her Ripped in 30, then moved on to many many many other DVDs and even *gasp* running! Which, I will admit, I still hate to run...but I do love my circuit training. And Jillian gets results that can't be argued with!
I thought by this point I'd have hit my goal weight a few months ago, but I am just 9lbs away and I now realize it might take a while to get these last few pounds off and that's ok with me. I am "on the edge of glory" and I feel like I'm already there. I am actually happy with myself and my body. There is still some work to be done, and tightening up to do, but the hardest part is over now and I couldn't be more proud of myself.
Just know, no matter how hard it is some days, no matter how lazy you feel, you CAN do it. I am proof! I was so against working out and even dieting, but I've learned to embrace them and make them work for me. Know that you are not alone and you will never know how strong you are until you push yourself and realize your true potential. You can do it!! Never give up! Ever!!

So, here is my comparison pictures. I hope it works! Sorry about the size difference, but you can clearly see the 76lb change!
(Feel free to add me, and you can look at my profile pics, which will show the beginning of my journey, after 30DS, after Ripped, etc.)

Untitled.jpg

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!!!! You look amazing!!!!!! Great story! So inspiring! and I might definitely look into Jillian's DVDs!!!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • themissusc
    themissusc Posts: 20
    Options
    awesome results, so inspiring !
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. My starting weight was 230. I'm not quite as far along as you but reading ur story and seeing ur b4 and after pics is so motivating.
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    totally awesome!!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Feeling great too, I'll bet!
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look fantastic
  • patandy32
    patandy32 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thats Amazing...perseverance paid off sweets...wow!!!
  • amphora
    amphora Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is me- about the same start weight, same goal. I'm hoping you don't mind but I'll be using your pics as inspiration for awhile!

Great job! You look FANTASTIC. Seriously. Way to go!
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look fantastic. Major change & I bet you feel great. You are an inspiration to us who are just starting out. Thank You for sharing :)
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    awesome
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!! Congratulations!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Congrats!!!
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FRICKIN AMAZING YOU ARE ONE OF MY IDOLS WOW WOW WOW!!
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation...way to go, and thanks for sharing!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Your determination and motivation has definitely paid off!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    You look terrific!!! Thank you for sharing your progress so far. I have thoughts each day and for me it's struggling to stick with my meal plan and track each day. Whenever I read success stories like this one, I am encouraged to continue on each day one day at time. Not only have you lost pounds but you look so nice and fit. Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!