C25K Graduate

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I did it! I finished! I started my own version on March 2nd, 2012. On March 14th, 2012, I started an official C25K app on my phone, beginning on week 3. Once I went on to week 4, I started having shin splint issues so purchased new shoes at a running store. After returning the first pair and getting a different pair, and a long talk with the sales person, I went back to week 3. I repeated weeks when I needed - week 3 several times, week 4 2 or 3 times, week 5 days 1 and 2 multiple times. Once I completed W5D3, I didn't repeat as much, but still did repeat things. I completed it on June 1st, 13 weeks later (it was an 8 week program). I did more than 5K that night, but walked for a couple minutes so wasn't sure if I ran an entire 5K or not.

Well, last night I did. I ran an entire 5K in the park, plus 5 minutes warm and cool down walks. It was a great night for running - cool and breezy. I completed the 5K portion in 39:11. I did a 5K on May 20th but walked for 8 or 9 minutes of it. My next 5K is on June 17th and I WILL be running the entire thing. I hope to beat my 39:11, but as long as I'm under 40 minutes, I'll be happy. NEVER in my life I have I run more than 1/4 of a mile at a time...not even as a relatively healthy kid. I'm still shocked that I'm able to do this. I have another 5K in July (the Color Run) and am doing a 5K trail run at Disneyworld in September! I need to keep goals to work toward to keep my motivation up.

Replies

• CloudX
    CloudX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! Great job!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What a proud victory for you!!!! Very inspiring. Keep posting about your 5ks! I bet you just get faster and faster and faster. Will you be bridging to 10k??? I believe I will be content with 5k! Just hoping to make it through the program by mid Septemebr as my first 5k is scheduled for late september!! I would love to right a success story like yours one day!!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Running can be fun so well done.
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is SO fantastic! Keep pushing yourself little by little - you'll amaze yourself, I promise!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    What a proud victory for you!!!! Very inspiring. Keep posting about your 5ks! I bet you just get faster and faster and faster. Will you be bridging to 10k??? I believe I will be content with 5k! Just hoping to make it through the program by mid Septemebr as my first 5k is scheduled for late september!! I would love to right a success story like yours one day!!!

I haven't decided where to go yet. I'm still so slow, so I'm going to work on speed for a while. I might go to 10K eventually, but I don't see wanting to go farther than that. Until the Disney 5K in September, I'm just going to work on speed and endurance. It's a trail run so will be harder. After that, maybe I'll bridge to 10K over the winter on the treadmill.

I'd also like to finish a 5K without feeling like I couldn't run another step LOL.
  • parliskim
    parliskim Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off. You should be very proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • POKlink
    POKlink Posts: 19
    Options
    Congrats, thats awesom! I just started the program yesterday, and I am feeling it today. Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!