low calorie beer

Options
hi i just love beer but dont like the calories lol can any1 suggest a nice low calorie option please ? x

Replies

• Flaming_Reef
    Flaming_Reef Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bud light lime is tastey, 116 calories. Usually is my beer of choice.
    If you want a really cheap beer trying using something like Select 55 (only 55 calories) and add some lime juice in.
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Beck's makes a light beer that has 65 calories or something like that. I have been drinking the Bud Selects that have 55 calories. They are nice and light, but don't give you a buzz at all.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sam Adams Light with 119 Calories.

I prefer dark beer, so this kind of holds me over....though right now I am avoiding alcohol.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

Denise
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yuengling makes a good light beer, and I also like Michelob Ultra Light a lot. Those are my faves :)
  • buckeyegirl6973
    buckeyegirl6973 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love beer too...so i switched to budselect 55.. i like the smooth taste without losing the beer flavor. I especially love it not only for the low calories...but i have no more hangovers/headaches....you still get to have fun..but kinda double fun watching what alcohol does to everyone else and you get to sit back and enjoy knowing your not the one with regrets in the am..lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    *shudder*
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Miller Genuine 64. My go-to low-calorie beer!
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    the words light and beer should never go together! lol enjoy your beer girl and drink the good stuff, just dont go buck wild! a beer here and then never killed anyone!
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I HATE beer, but this weekend I tried a michelob light lime and it was 95 calories :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'd rather drink one good beer compared to two low cal beers.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i like michelob ultra.. apparently there is a rapberry flavored one, but i have yet to try it. the super low calories beers have less alcohol in them, so you really have to drink twice as much to get the same buzz as with a regular light beer.
  • ccorkery
    ccorkery Posts: 13
    Options
    I like sleeman clear. It's 90 cals per bottle. It is a light beer though, so probably not ideal if you prefer the thicker/darker or heavier beers.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been said already, but Michelob Ultra is a great tasting light beer. It is super low on carbs and calories, and you can't even tell!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink crappy beer from a can, and Amstel Light is 95 calories so that's usually my choice if they have it.

I also enjoy beer that isn't low-cal and it hasn't hurt my diet since it's not an every day thing for me (or 10 in a night, seriously that's what wine and vodka is for, don't get beer-drunk! It's inefficient!)
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    the words light and beer should never go together! lol enjoy your beer girl and drink the good stuff, just dont go buck wild! a beer here and then never killed anyone!

We should be friends...
    Light beer = pointless :)
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yuengling makes a good light beer

My fave - but not available in Michigan It is my yearly treat when I go to Florida!!!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    *shudder*

^^^ Me, too.

I'd rather drink one good beer a week and stick to water the rest of the week than drink crappy unenjoyable beer every day.

To each their own, but when I drink a beer, I want to savor every wonderful calorie-laden drop.

Good beer + 30 minutes on the elliptical > light beer.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Bud light lime is tastey

If you're 22
  • bleumanchu
    bleumanchu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Miller Light doesn't make me angry. I currently live in Kentucky, and Kentucky Light (brewed by Alltech Lexington Brewing Co.) is pretty tasty. Otherwise, I tend to agree with the poster above who said they'd rather drink one good beer than two crappy ones.
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners well, so will instead opt for a "non-beer" at about 70 calories. O'Douls if very very COLD will take care of the beer crave for me.

The other option is the cute little bottles of corona called coronitas.

Hope these two ideas help.