Somebody Explain This To Me

Options
Spanaval
Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
I've been exercising since March 01, or so, closely monitoring my food intake since about the third week of March. I lost a couple of pounds pretty easily, then maintained there, while losing inches all over the place. I was practically religious about working out daily, eating right, drinking enough water, etc. No weight change in about two months. NBD, since my goal is not based on a number on the scale.

About 2 weeks ago, I decided to go back to eating the way I used to. Meaning, skipping breakfast, and eating more in a small window, akin to IF. I am not usually hungry in the morning and have to force myself to eat, and would much rather eat at night anyway. The # of calories hasn't really changed.

About 10 days ago, I did something to mess up my right hip flexor. Not exercise, maybe some awkward movement while carrying my 2 year old up the stairs. Since then, I've had to take it easy and while I have been working out, I've also taken more time off, eased off on how much I put into the workouts, etc.

In the last 10 days or so, I've lost 2.5 pounds. Pretty much no change in the measurements. I think my body is trying to mess with my head. Anyone care to venture a guess as to what's going on?

Replies

• Emilina79
    Emilina79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've experience something like this in the past and confused me also.
    All I can think of is that you have probably lost muscle mass since stopping exercise. Muscle weighs more than fat and it increases your metabolism so at first it would still be burning fat? I would like a more rounded and knowledgeable answer myself as its just guess work from me i'm afraid.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I"m going to agree with Emilina. You probably lost a little muscle. Muscle has to be maintained, and backing off the exercise could have lost you a little ground, also, it wouldn't have changed your measurements much. So much work to gain muscle, so very easy to lose it.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    That would stink, if I lost what little muscle I have. Although, I am seeing better definition.