why do i do this!

Options
I do great all day and then some nights i wake up from my sleep and eat junk. And sometimes not even junk i just eat....and i am talking about from a dead sleep I wake up....I thought it could be my lortabs and stuff I take.
I have done really well since beginning October but last night terrible in the middle of night ate 400 calories....and today i feel like all i want to do is eat...why is this happening :angry:

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Are you sleep eating or are you consciously making the decision to eat?
  • TheWayIUsed2Be
    Options
    well i am aware of what im eating but i dont know if its from being asleep....
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people who actually get up in the night and sleep eat, that would make weight loss quite a challenge. There have been many times in the past where I would wake up in the middle of the night completely starving and eat...that hasn't happened to me in a while. It could a side effect of your medication. It sucks because when you wake up from a deep sleep, you're not really in the right frame of mind to be making decisions about what to eat. Have you tried going back to sleep without eating anything? I know...easier said than done.
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eating in the middle of the night was a BIG problem for me also. I would wake up all hours of the night to go pee and then end up in the kitchen eating anything in sight from leftovers from dinner to ice cream out of the container and then go right back to sleep. When I would wake up I wouldn't remember right away then throughout the day it would all come back to me and I would think oh my god why did I eat that. I noticed since i've been exercising more and drinking more water throughout the day I don't feel the need as much to go into the fridge in the middle of the night as much. The more I controlled my eating habits during the day the less I ate in the middle of the night. Now I find myself getting a glass of water in the middle of the night instead of eating...habits from the daytime carry over to the middle of the night.