Looking for serious, committed friends with 100+ lbs to lose

Options
krawl78
krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
Hi,

I have about 135 lbs to lose, and to be honest, that doesn't frighten me. I know I'll be able to. I am willing to do whatever it takes, except surgery and pills!

However, I need some friends who are in the same boat. I would like friends who are serious about weight loss and achieving a healthy lifestyle. I share my diary and would like others who do the same - I don't need advice, just someone who is trying to reach a goal like I am.

Please don't add me if you eat 3000 calories a day and have a 100 lbs to lose. I don't want to see "McDonald's" anything in your diaries!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, it sounds like we have a very similar goal and are probably at about the same stage.

Please feel free to add me
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me- I do eat out some- but applebees is my favorite the under 500 calorie meals are so yummy- I am a newbie cook- love veggies- but do eat some processed items- no MCD for me in awhile and then it was a salad

Ps- I only do open Diary friends
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am just at my half way mark...117 pounds down and 117 more to go. I rarely go to fast food places because they are a trigger for me, but I'm not gonna lie and say that I never do. I also have 1-2 free days a month because I'm not making this a diet. I'm making this my life. To me NEVER going off the grid is just asking for trouble. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticism.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My goal is 80lbs for now and then reassess. I log every day and love leaving encouraging comments on my mfp friends walls. I've been on here since Jan and have lost 47lbs so far, however I am guilty of the odd McD's as I am trying to follow a healthy eating plan that I can stick to for the rest of my life. I love junk food (its why I got the size I was) but now I'm learning moderation is the key rather than total deprivation. My diary is open and I log the good and the bad.

Add me if u like. I love new motivating friends and maybe u'll encourage me to ditch the McD's forever :)
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    I sent you a friend request ( anyone else feel free to add me). I have about 130 lbs to lose or so. And my diary is open. Taco bell is kind of my weakness but I get the <400 cal options though. I like your attitude :)
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I've got 100lbs to lose. The more the merrier!

Best of luck!
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    I have already lost 69 lbs, but need to lose another 56 to hit me goal. So that's over a 100 lol...
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've sent you all requests, or I have accepted the ones sent! Yay ladies, let's kick some butt!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have almost 200 to lose. I've lost 128 to date. I eat fast food on occasion and don't feel bad about it. I'm not on a 'diet', I've completely redone my whole lifestyle. For me, I have a free day once a week and it works. I don't have my diary open, because people can be mean. I do a low carb lifestyle and eat between 1200-1300 cals a day. I have also been doing this for over a year and my body responds very well to my eating plan. Everyone is different though. Please feel free to read through my profile and see if you think I'm the type of friend you are looking for. I try to motivate as much as i can, but I have my off days. I wish you the very best on your journey!
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I've also got 100+ to lose and I'm doing it by eating right and busting my *kitten*!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I have about 120ish left to lose, and I have eaten crap on a couple days recently, but it's not the norm and definitely not McDonalds.. Yuck!
  • lizziebeth0890
    lizziebeth0890 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 80 to lose which is almost 100.
    Feel free to add me.
    Pretty new still and don't have many friends on here yet.
    :smile:
  • gemaudlin
    gemaudlin Posts: 81
    Options
    You can add me! I have 90 left to lose. I've lost a total of 41 lbs so far! I'm the type of person who needs motivation too. :)
  • Mandy7698
    Mandy7698 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have over 100 to lose as well! I do eat out but I try to limit it to once a week! This is not a diet for me either, but this is how my life will be from now on! It's the only way it will work and I can maintain after I lose. If I cut myself completely off from fast food or trigger foods, it will never work. I limit myself. Anyone feel free to add me! I try the best that I can and I am only human.

Mandy
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sending a request now :) I just started on increasing my protein and lowering my carbs..
  • Naytahlee
    Naytahlee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow you all are making me hungry lol! I have about 185 lbs to lose. I am doing my best to avoid fast food at all and just eat stuff from home. As of right now I dont feel deprived, I feel motivated! My diary is open and I log everything except water consumption. All I drink is water or coffee (two cups in the am, which I log). Feel free to add me, Im here everyday.

It felt weird typin that weight amount, that's the first time I've really figured out the number. I try not to think about that big number, I'm just settin little goals for myself like "think of how better you will feel when you weigh __lbs" or "I bet I can wear my leather jacket again when Im down to __lbs".
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had about 150 pounds to lose from my starting weight and I am about halfway there (71 pounds down!) and I am always looking for supportive friends to share this journey with so feel free to add me if you want.
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a good healthy diet - and really dedicated to loosing weight and getting healthy, the exercise is taking longer and more adjustment than the eating, which was already just about there, anyone wanting mutual support can add me - I'm really up for this, been here two months and mega committed :happy:
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I average around 1,400 calories/day, except on excercise days I typically go up to 1,700. I started with 100lbs to lose, now I'm at 80lbs, but I understand the boat you're in. Be warned though, you will see McDonalds (or other fast food) from time to time in my diary. I don't believe in completely cutting out everything, because that's not a practical long-term solution for me. However, if you're more than welcome to not add me because of it.

Good luck on your weight loss, and I wish you success.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 100 to lose and have lost 6 pounds thus far. I don't have the money to spend on fast food--my weaknesses are sweets and treats with friends. However, those are part of my diet rarely because I'd rather spend the money on buying fresh. I've been eating lots of produce and working out most days to lose the weight, and I've logged in every single day (and plan to when I'm not travelling).

=)