30 Day Shred Results?

Options
I just started the 30 day shred on Friday, I just finished up day 4 this morning. I'm so sore in my upper arms and legs!! I could barely wash my hair this morning and it kills me to squat! I'm just wondering what kind of results people has been getting from this workout and if anybody has been able to do it 30 consistently??

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not really doing it to lose weight, I was only 130 to start, but with 30DS and some dance dance revolution I've already lost almost 2 lbs and I'm on day 8. I'm sure DDR has more to do with the weight lost, but I'm starting to see the outline of my lower abs for the first time since I had my son 2 years ago lol. Most people say you lose inches rather than lbs, and I'd agree with that since most of it is strength training and cadio is what really burns cals. If you're trying to actually LOSE weight I wouldn't do the video without some additional cardio on the side, but all and all I think this vid is a win!
  • pinkwhisk
    pinkwhisk Posts: 41
    Options
    i finished it today. I lost 10lbs, and 22.5cm all over, mostly from my chest and waist. Not bad for 30 days
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i finished it today. I lost 10lbs, and 22.5cm all over, mostly from my chest and waist. Not bad for 30 days

Omg!! Thats great!! I've already lost 30 but still need to lose another 20LBS as well as inches. So i'm hoping I will see some results with this video :)
  • LCrequ324
    LCrequ324 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS and the Brazilian Butt Lift system, alternating every other day. Yesterday was day 1 of 30DS and my arms are so sore! It definitely is more strength than cardio, but muscle burns more calories than fat even when you're sitting so it can't hurt to build some up. I did a jog/walk with my dog this morning for some extra cardio and to get my muscles moving or else I would've been stuck to my bed (darn you JM!).

Good luck and take measurements so you can see if you've lost inches rather than pounds. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space!
  • MaggieRose19
    Options
    I am currently 1/3 of the way through the 30DS. I have completed the first 10 days of level 1 but not in 10 days- life, illness and a weekend away with my husband put me back a few days. I have lost though in those 10 days. -2" from bust, -1" from under bust, -3" around belly button, -1" from around hips/bottom, -1.5" from L thigh, and -1" from R thigh. I am not sure weight wise how many lbs if any but I can see a difference in my body for sure. I also have so much more energy. I look forward to the workouts now and hope that I can complete the 30DS this time around as I have started and stopped before. I hear level 2 is the evil level, fingers crossed I will stick it out!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    I am currently 1/3 of the way through the 30DS. I have completed the first 10 days of level 1 but not in 10 days- life, illness and a weekend away with my husband put me back a few days. I have lost though in those 10 days. -2" from bust, -1" from under bust, -3" around belly button, -1" from around hips/bottom, -1.5" from L thigh, and -1" from R thigh. I am not sure weight wise how many lbs if any but I can see a difference in my body for sure. I also have so much more energy. I look forward to the workouts now and hope that I can complete the 30DS this time around as I have started and stopped before. I hear level 2 is the evil level, fingers crossed I will stick it out!

Congratulations! Thats awesome! Although I am not feeling that great, I am on day 4 and I'm sore and feel sluggish, I'm eating around 1400 calories so I'm not sure if my body is just adjusting or whats going on. But I'm gonna keep pushing through and hopefully I will see some results too :)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did it back in January and yea I was in pain the first week too. I lost 13lbs and about 13 inches doing it!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    I did it back in January and yea I was in pain the first week too. I lost 13lbs and about 13 inches doing it!

Thats great! I can't wait to see the end results! Did you do any cardio or anythng else with it?
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11, and I've seen a ton of progress. My waist has shrank significantly, and I am much stronger. Stick with it!
  • klsrunner
    klsrunner Posts: 2
    Options
    I started this over a year ago and never ended up finishing it, then lost my dvd haha..but trying again now! Just finished up Day 2! I'll post before and after stats/pics once I'm done. :) Good luck everyone else!
  • mezzpezz
    mezzpezz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All! New to this, so apologies in advance if this has been addressed before:

I've read some reviews that 30DS can be vary hard on the knees. Has anyone here had that problem? Do you modify the exercises? I have knee problems (and currently sedentary), and just wondering if I should try it or find something else.

Thanks!
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    I didn't follow the meal plan and I was only able to do 5 of the 10 days for each level.
    I didn't end up losing any weight while I did it but my arms have never been stronger! Halfway through the second level I realized how much easier pushups became and that when I flexed my arms there was a lot more definition - that was pretty motivating for me!
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    Hi All! New to this, so apologies in advance if this has been addressed before:

I've read some reviews that 30DS can be vary hard on the knees. Has anyone here had that problem? Do you modify the exercises? I have knee problems (and currently sedentary), and just wondering if I should try it or find something else.

Thanks!

I had a lot of problems doing BodyRock's January challenge because it involved a lot of jumping and some days my knees could just not take it - but when I did 30DS I had on shoes with better support and was just really conscious about how I landed on jumps. She gives modifications on some of the moves that need them. It is definitely just a judgment call on your part - I have a bad back so some of the moves I couldn't get it my all because I had to be aware of that. So i think just be aware of your knees while going through the circuits and modify or stop if it causes problems.