Fresh steamed green beans with sage butter
    Steamed broccoli with olive oil salt and pepper
    Roasted Butternut Squash with cinnamon and butter
    Roasted Spaghetti Squash with herbs and parmesan
    Roasted eggplant
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Brown some extra lean ground turkey on the stove, cook some mixed frozen veggies, mix them together on the stovetop with some garlic (or whatever spices you like) and some butter substitute (I like I can't believe it's not butter-light)- and you have a yummy low-cal meal full of veggies and lean protein! (Last night's dinner was ground turkey, frozen spinach, and I tossed in some crumbled feta cheese...yum!)
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    I'll eat Salad rarely: I really hate it..... and I'm not into raw veggies either .. So I make soups in the winter and stirfry in the summer... Sweet potato, lemon squash, spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomato are my favorites.
  • sdalhover
    sdalhover Posts: 7
    Options
    If you are able to do it at all I suggest juicing your greens or blending.

I hate salads but the benefits of pure leafy greens was too much to pass up.

Whenever I had a salad I disliked most dressing unless they were fatty. Then I added cheese, bacon, eggs, etc until I might as well of had a burger for all the good a salad did me.

Now I make 2 batches of green juice a day. They consist of 1 cup of organic carrot juice ( carrots are very sweet and help reduce the slight bitterness some leafy greens have) and 1 cup of leafy greens. Usually a mix of celery, spinach, kale, or chard. Through them in the vitamix and enjoy! I have been getting in my greens this way instead of coming up with ways to force myself to eat them as part of a meal. Now I do enjoy sauteed spinach and bok choy with lemon sauteed and broccoli is my favorite steamed veggie...but as far as leafy greens go this is the best and quickest way to get them in my body that I have found.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    grilled or roasted veggies

zucchini, summer squash, sweet potato, carrots, tossed with a bit of olive oil, pepper and fresh herbs. roast in oven.
  • tobykang
    tobykang Posts: 24
    Options
    So many good ideas here! Thanks everyone! :)
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Grilled sweet potatoes and top with cinnamon and honey
    Honey glazed carrots
    Grilled veggies- I usually mix onions, green beans and cauliflower with chopped garlic, salt and pepper
    Tomato Cucumber salad- combine 1 cucumber, 1-2 tomatoes, small onion, dill, salt, pepper, and light mayo. Delicious for summer
    Grilled corn on the cob

This just made me insanely hungry! *tries to stay away from fridge* lol

I feel the same way. Grilled sweet potatoes with dinner tomorrow for sure!
  • diverdiver
    diverdiver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ratatouille is a good veggie filled side dish. I make up a big pan of it once a fortnight or so, and then put individual portions in freezer bags. Then just re-heat when needed - and can be served with anything. I normally have it with either grilled chicken, steak, a veggie burger, soya beans, pasta. It's quick, easy, economical, low calorie and tasty!

6 small cougettes / baby marrow
    2 peppers - any colour
    Box of mushrooms
    2 onions
    1 large tin of chopped tomatoes
    1 tsp olive oil

Just sweat the onions in the olive oil then add the rest of the ingredients - cook on a low heat for 40 mins to an hour.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've always been anemic so I hd to change my diet in order to get more iron. I've never been into salads or veggies, but I'm learning. I'm just giving things a try. The only salad I eat is ceasar salads. The romaine lettuce is my fave. And I just added broccoli to my diet. I ate it for the first time at 25 and now I'm hooked. I'm now trying to incorporate squah and zucchini. As the saying goes "You learn by doing."
  • gina_nz_
    gina_nz_ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try making a vege soup :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - Roast veggies (red onion, sweet potoato, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, capsicum with a drizzle of olive oil and and a sprinkle of salt and fresh rosemary. Yum!)
    - Pasta sauce with lots of veggies - onion, garlic, fresh tomato, celery, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms.
    - Grated zucchini added to just about anything - burgers, pasta sauce, lasagne, meatloaf etc
    - Fried rice with LOTS of veggies - onion, carrot, garlic, broccoli, snow peas, red capsicum, thinly sliced brussel sprouts
    - Steamed cauliflower with a little bit of cheese sprinkled on it and grilled
    - Green beans steamed, mix up with a drizzle of olive oil, sundried tomatoes, a squeeze of lemon juice and a few flaked almonds
    - Veggie soups
    - Dahl (lentils) with veggies
    - Finely sliced zucchini pan fried, add to some pan fried chicken and a bit of pesto sauce. Eat it with pasta or just as it is.

I could go on!