Weights for 30 Day Shred

Options
I finally broke down and bought the DVD today and I had a hard time deciding on what size of weights to use. I went with five pounders because..well I don't want to be a sissy about it....hahaha. I'm hoping they won't kill me but I've never done the workout before. What size weights to all of you use???

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I used a combo of 3 & 5 pounds. I could have went up for a few exercises but let me tell you....there were a few that I struggled with the 3's!
  • ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use 3s because that's what I had lying around. The moves are plenty tough for me with them!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The first day, I used 5lb weights and I regreted that decision the next 5 days. I suggest going light the first couple of times you do it especially if your body isn't used to using weights or exercising like me. haha the next week when I was finally able to move my arms without being in utter pain, I went out and bought 3lb weights. Much better. This week, I am going to try to use the 5lb weights again.

EDIT: Trust me doing the 30 day shred with 3lb weights, you'll still get a good freaking workout. They will eventually feel REALLY heavy!
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm a total weakling (lol) but I bought the 5lbs yestersay and 30ds and worked out today. Any less and I was afraid I wouldn't see the results I wanted and any more....well.... I can just forget about it, because it ain't happening. I also have the killer buns and thighs DVD.