Help me eat more!!

Options
This is only my second day on the site, but both days Ive been under my calorie budget. Yesterday by about 460 calories and today Im 1000 calories under! I always eat untill I'm full and I don't want to stuff myself because I'll feel sick. I don't know what to do !? Help me please!!!

Replies

• mfpusername
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm trying to up my calories because I haven't been losing weight. Eating around 700-900 calories, but burning about the same in workouts 5 days a week. My goal is to replace the lost calories with high quality protein and complex carbs. Like protein shakes, nuts, veggies, fruits. I plan on eating 5 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus 2 snacks. Maybe eating more frequently would help you add in calories, and also speed up your metabolism. Also, maybe consider weighing and measuring your food whenever possible to make sure you aren't underestimating calories, if you aren't measuring already. Good luck!:smile:
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Eat high calorie dense foods, like peanut butter, it goes well with an apple or celery. Another great one is avocado, even eating little bits of things like these can give you a calorie boost!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals ahead of time. This way you can see how the day is looking and add extras (like cheese, avocado, yoghurt, nuts etc) to your meals or snacks if your calories are too low.
    Don't feel you have to live on "diet" food - eat reasonable portions of real food and it shouldn't be a problem.
    I don't think you have to eat every single calories, but being close to your MFP goal (daily allowance plus exercise calories) is a good place to start.
  • agbarash
    agbarash Posts: 7
    Options
    I also run into this problem on some days. I don't write down what I will eat ahead of time since I know my body well enough by now to know where my carbs fats and protein will come from daily.

That being said, I fully agree with the aforementioned advice of eating more often throughout the day. You can eat giant meals a day, but those won't help your metabolism. Eat 5-6 smaller meals. Not until you're "full," but until you're "not hungry." Over time, you'll be hungry every 2-3 hours, and eating about 100-250 cals per meal will help you gain those extra cals you need. Trying to eat 700 -1k cals per meal is difficult for sure.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I/m a runner and cyclist so carbs do not matter much to me. You can eat wheat pasta (210 cal for 2 oz uncooked), brown rice (216 cal for 1/4 c uncooked), oatmeal (150 cal for 1/2 c uncooked). Feel free to look at my diary. I eat close to 2000 cal per day (except rest days).
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I did a bit too good a job of eating today... lol

Nothing productive to add, move along.
  • dmaryc1010
    dmaryc1010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need help in eating more and help on what type of food to eat.I have been on here for about 3 weeks or so i lost 10 ponds but i was eating weight watcher meals twice a day.I am trying to now eat the food that i cook but when i make things that have a lot of ingetdents in it i dont know how to count what i just ate.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for almost 500 days and I have never, ever had a day where I actually struggled to eat enough. Feel free to look at all of the food I plow down in my diary if you need ideas. If you are a light eater you need to find ways to add calories to meals/snacks that won't make you feel like you are eating too much food.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm always under my calories but im the same as you I only eat when I'm hungry and don't like the feeling of being stuffed.
    But my best advice is eat high calorie healthy foods for example avacado, it is almost 150 calories for just half, also eating nuts helps too. I usually eat half an avacado everyday, except for weekends, just to get the calories and amazing healthy fats.