From Flab to Fab! A Mom on a Mission! Friends Desired!

Options
Dear fabulous, frustrated, and fellow fat friends I am right where you are! I am motivated and determined but that will only get me so far. I need people in my life to share the ups and downs of this process with. My nickname in grade school was shamoo and I have walked around with that title in my mind for far to long. I have already lost 48 pounds total but I still have another 30 to lose and its getting harder. I am thinner now than I was in high school but I am still not where I shoud be. Who will step up and join me? Who is willing to be honest, open, and real with me? I promise to offer the same in return. I am a mom of four who is trying to discover who I am and who is inside of me before my 30 birthday on July 27th and I so desire someone or a few someones to help me in my quest!

Love,
This Mom on a Mission!

Replies

• ShawnaRaeDunn
    ShawnaRaeDunn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for sharing your story! I would loe to have you as a friend. Lets do this!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You an do it.Feel free to add me!
  • pshinault
    pshinault Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a 55 yr. old Mother of four and Nana of two. Just found this site! Just beginning my journey.... Goal to lose 99 lbs. Can use all the inspiration and friends out there. Add me! Thanks!!
  • chipugmom
    chipugmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    48 Lbs is great! Great job and keep up that good work. :-)
  • shondimuir
    shondimuir Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of four too! Dying to lose this baby weight, although my youngest is already almost two! Feel free to add me and let's kick some *kitten*!
  • wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm an American living in the UK, but am on myfitnesspal everyday now--so please add me! I've got two kids and want to lose the weight (another 30+lbs) before I turn 35! Sounds like we are in similar situations!
    Keep up the good work and lets support one another!
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just lost 40 lbs. Want to lose at least 40 more. I am 51 yrs. old. I have 3 grown daughters, one of which is your age. She will be 30 on July 8. We can do this. It's all about a total lifestyle change. W can cheer each other on. It gets discouraging at times I know, especially for me when I dont see the scale change. When did you star your weight loss? I started Feb. 1. Keep up the good work!
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hear you, my dad used to call me Meatloaf!!! I'm trying to lose the weight.. 30 year old mom of one....want to be at a better weight before I turn 31!!! Add me...lets do this!!!
  • wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BTW! I'm open to any friend requests from fellow moms/mums who are inspired to drop the baby weight once and for all and are on MFP daily! :smile:
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    :) I'd love to share your journey with you. I'm aiming for 10 lbs first, then if that works, going for another 10. The goal is to be the best me I can be by the end of the year - losing all that gosh dang baby-and-laziness fat! - so I know that I, for one, need all the support I can get!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!!!! I'm a mother of 3 and wanting to lose some wt. In Feb, I was at 175#. I'm 38, 5'4" and a small frame. I comfortably fit into a 10/12:( That was more than when I delivered #3 almost 10 yrs ago. So, my baby fat is not my prob. I have created my prob w/ fast food and "working out"- that consisted of walking about 1.5 miles a couple of days a wk and occasional aerobic dvd's. I thought w/ that much exercise, I could eat ANYTHING that I wanted and still be size 6! HA- I was dead wrong!!!!! I started Body For Life in Feb and since then have lost 12#s on the scale. I've lost several inches and gained about 9#'s of muscle. BUT, I have learned more since Feb about nutrition and exercise than I've ever learned in my lifetime. When I became accountable and really started eating clean and seriously exercising, the weight started coming off!

I love forums and accountability partners! I am in and will share all of my slip ups w/ y'all. It's comforting to know that you are not the only one in this boat. Because, you tend to feel like you are.
    Good luck, God bless
    Shannon
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! We can all use more support on our weight loss journeys!
  • mac051
    mac051 Posts: 3
    Options
    I turn 30 in June, and just realized I'm about 30 pounds heavier than I thought I would be at this age! I have 3 boys under the age of 12 and would love any friends I can find to help me reach my goal! Good luck on your journey, it sounds like you're doing great so far!
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    my birthday is july 27th as well! feel free to add me for support :D
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you are well on your way. Please feel free to add me ! we'll ALL get there together.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    FREAKY! I am also a mom of 4 and my birthday is July 26! tho my kids are in their 30s, not I. But friend me if you like.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Feel free to add me : )
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello! SAHM/student with a 3 yr old boy and 8 month old boy (<3 them!) I have lost 69lbs since headed into deliver my second baby in sept. I have 13 to go till Im at the weight I was before children. And from there I will re-evaluate. Anyone feel free to add :)
  • dawn120604
    dawn120604 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a 30 year old Mom of 3.....my goal is to loose 50 pounds before I'm 31 which will be January 21. I would love to be friends with you!
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I figure the more friends and support that I have, the more motivated I will be which will help me lose my weight. I have about 30 lbs. to lose. I am a 50 year old mother of 2 daughters and I am also a grandma of 1 grandson. I already sent you a friend request.