Is it rude???

Options

Replies

• Poowa58
    Poowa58 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not rude at all. I used to own a restaurant and we had a customer who would come in daily with her own lunch and order a cup of hot tea. That was pushing it but then she started coming in with her lunch and tea bag and just ordering hot water!! Now that was rude! She was taking up table space that could have been filled with a paying customer. Bring your own dressing!! Not rude at all.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can use a lemon instead of almost any dressing, tastes pretty good , close to nothing as far as the calories go, and you don't have to carry your own dressing :-)
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Nope. If they don't have what you like then bring what you want.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've bought my own dinners to restaurants. I give zero ****s.

LOL
  • laurynmcl
    laurynmcl Posts: 13
    Options
    Definitely not rude. You do wha you have to do to work towards your health goals. The previous suggestions are excellent!:smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    All the dressings at restaurants are so bad for you
    Where did you get this idea?
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a bottle of the wishbone spray dressing. I only think it would be rude if it were a VERY high end, fine dining restaurant. Even then, I would possibly still do it depending on , where I was seated, who was there, who I was with, the lighting, the general feeling if the place, etc.
  • Kryssaxo
    Kryssaxo Posts: 54
    Options
    I don't think it would be rude, just rather unusual. I believe most restaurants have a low fat or calorie wise option and as many others have said, just ask for it on the side. Depending on the type of setting I don't think it's the employees at the location that would be phased by it, but more so the company you're eating with.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think it is any different than sending a steak back because it's not cooked to your liking, or any other scenario. You need to do what works for you, and not worry about what others will think, that's what got most of us in the situation's we're in in the first place.
  • AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    However, depending on the establishment and other factors (prior health code violations and such) they may not allow you to use your own dressing because of health code stuff. Worse comes to worse they will tell you you can't.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that rude, but maybe ask your waiter or waitress if it's okay before you order just to make sure.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Who are you afraid of offending? Chances are, the hands and face that serve you the food are not the ones that prepared it; so what sh** would the server give? In fact, how awesome would it be were a manager or, even better, a store owner to approach you and ask you why you chose to bring your own? That way, you'd have a chance to voice your concerns over the calorie content of the dressing options, that range from "comparably bad" to "comparably terrible." And yes, I'm looking at you, Ken's Buttermilk Ranch. Were a server to call you out on your choice to..uh...self-dress?... that server deserves to be called to task; they could give a **** less when thier table leaves to smoke or makes all kinds of esoteric dietary requests (Steak Halal? Kosher Onion rings? Gluten-free pizza? All of which I've dealt with in the restaurant biz), I don't see why they'd care, or even notice, when one of the table asks them to do...less, as in, tell the prep cook to leave the dressign off.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I keep a banana and hot sauce with me always....I don't see anything wrong with it! lol
  • Peachycherries
    Peachycherries Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep a small bottle in your purse!!!
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have done it before :)
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's rude at all. I know that there are many times when I have gone out to eat breakfast and wished I had slipped my own syrup in my purse to use on pancakes. Nothing worse then fake syrup once you've had the real stuff. Go for it.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You know I was half asleep when I read this and thought you meant 'dressing gown' (bed robe). :laugh:
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Gurl, I do it all the time. I talk a little plastic ramekin full, rude or not.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Due to health conditions I am forced to eat a very restrictive diet.

Last week I went to Portland to Outback and after looking over the menu/nutrition facts I could eat about 2 things on the entire menu :/ I explain to the server my "problems" and he was very understanding and they made me meal out of what they had. Wasnt the best meal I have ever had in my life but at least the server was decent and understood dietary needs :)
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't like soda, but I like to have a flavored drink with my meals. When I go out to eat, I take a Crystal Light packet with me and ask for a glass of ice water. I've yet to have a server say anything and I don't imagine that they care.