How on earth do you maintain?

Options
My entire life, I have always been either gaining weight or losing weight.

As a child, I just kept getting bigger and bigger.

And then as a young teenager, I suffered with EDNOS and my only goal was to keep shrinking (I think I got down to 104 and my goal was 88, ouch).

And then when I was recovering, no one taught me how to have a good relationship with food so I kept binging and wahey, I was back to gaining again.

I've never in my life maintained my weight, or aimed to maintain it.

I'm currently 128lbs. Although I originally aimed for 112, I think I'd be perfectly happy at 119. That's a mere 9lbs away, and as much as I'm excited to reach my goals, I'm also terrified. Because what then? I maintain? How the hell do you even do that?

I know how you do it in theory, I know what you're supposed to eat, I know how you're SUPPOSED to do it, it's just I've never done it so I'm beyond worried about it.

Is anybody else worried about hitting the maintenance stage?

Replies

• BrookeOB777
    BrookeOB777 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am actually worried about this too! I'm getting to my goat weight faster than expected, and although I may try to lose another 3-5lbs after, I have no idea how to stay the same weight! I mean, usually I do anyway, but will I have to force myself to eat more or what?
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know the Dukan diet gets a lot of slack, but it works for me so far... After doing the diet and all the phases, you get to maintenance, where you eat normal (healthy) and one set day a week you do a pure protein day. Like every Thursday, you stick to only proteins! Plus, always oatbran in the morning to keep you regular, 2 liters of water a day and about half an hour exercise... every day. Good luck on your goals!