I was just woundering has anyone tried cycling classes calle

Options
I just wanted to know if there was anyone who took spinning classes which is indoor cycling.

Replies

• gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have taken spin classes at my gym.

Gina
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    I tried it once...and liked it but my butt hurt for a few days....but they say you get over that after doing it a couple of times...ppl say its the best workout ever...i just couldnt keep up...not my thing....but lots of ppl love it...
  • reefkeeper
    Options
    My wife does it and loves it. I do taekwondo instead.
  • cathy3710
    Options
    I spin almost every day. It's an awesome workout. I wear my heart monitor and in an hours class my average calories burned is 560. The highest it has ever been was 612. Good luck, just work at your pace when your starting out. Have the instructor help set your bike up with you. It makes a huge difference. My butt has never hurt. Good luck
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I did it once - it's not really my thing. My lady bits hurt afterwards.. I was told that it's something you get over, but I don't really want to experience pain when visiting the bathroom again. :blushing: So, that's why I haven't done it since. My Aunt loves it though. It's worth trying to see if you like it.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I've done it and it's awesome! I brought a gel bike seat with me the second time I went and that helped with the butt pain a lot. I also learned that spin class is a legitimate time to drink a sports drink. I sweat so much during the class that my feet cramp up. Powerade Zero works pretty well though... hydrates without the calories. And remember, if you can't quite keep up the first time you go, that's OK. Go at your own pace and don't give up, and you'll be rocking it in no time.
  • mdb120776
    mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You may hate it at the beginning but will be thrilled to accomplish it. It does take a few clases til the pain is bearable and I would recommend only two to three days a week. It burns lots of calories. Don't forget your water.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've been taking spin classes for a couple years, and have recently started teaching them. I love spinning, it's an AWESOME workout and super Fun!!!

(and you do get used to the seats!) :flowerforyou:
  • annalouisa08
    Options
    I purchased a bike and started spinning at home. I was woundering what kind of results you all got. The first few times my derriere was burning, hurting and I was walking a little funny..LOL!! My kids got a kick out of that! They say you burn up to 1,000 cal per hour depending on you intensity. So far so good, its one of the only things that doesnt make be bored. How much weight have you lost cycling?