10 Days 10 Salads-Any suggestions

Options
Phatmomma
Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
I'm wanting to do 10 days of 10 salads. I need unique ideas to cover the 3 daily meals. Don't worry, I will be getting protein as I can sub vegetarian veggie meats for real meat ingredients.
I'd like to do fruit salads, egg salads, cobb salads, etc. But 3 salads a day,
My list so far
1. Cobb Salad
2. Egg Salad
3. Fried Chix Salad
4. Fresh Fruit Salad
5. Mixed Green Salad

any other ideas?

Replies

• Phatmomma
    Options
    I'm wanting to do 10 days of 10 salads. I need unique ideas to cover the 3 daily meals. Don't worry, I will be getting protein as I can sub vegetarian veggie meats for real meat ingredients.
    I'd like to do fruit salads, egg salads, cobb salads, etc. But 3 salads a day,
    My list so far
    1. Cobb Salad
    2. Egg Salad
    3. Fried Chix Salad
    4. Fresh Fruit Salad
    5. Mixed Green Salad

any other ideas?
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Greek Salad (Kalamata olives, feta, onions, etc)
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are including fish.. but Tuna Salad. Or Whole wheat pasta salad.
  • Phatmomma
    Options

Oh love Feta cheese. Greek salad too. Thx! I'm getting my list together lol. Are Kalamata the huge Olives? I'll have too look up the etc:happy: Cause all i remember are the olives, feta, onions (red ones right or the purple ones)
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Not sure if you are including fish.. but Tuna Salad. Or Whole wheat pasta salad.

No tuna but I can use a tuna substitute so all meat recipes and suggestions welcome. There is alike a vegetarian version of every meat and fish:smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Potato Salad (can be done a healthy way)

Waldorf kind of salad (do it with greens, sliced pear or apple, cranberries, walnuts and a little gorgonzola or feta, maybe even add some grilled chicken on top)
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Asian salad with mandarin oranges, chow mein, edamame and a ginger dressing.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    What about:

mixed greens
    chicken substitute
    sliced almonds
    mandarin orange slices
    topped with Light Asian Toasted Sesame dressing (yummuy)
  • Helawat
    Options
    That reminds me of the asian salad you can get from Wendy's :)
  • Helawat
    Options

Oh love Feta cheese. Greek salad too. Thx! I'm getting my list together lol. Are Kalamata the huge Olives? I'll have too look up the etc:happy: Cause all i remember are the olives, feta, onions (red ones right or the purple ones)

Kalamta are the big olives and most likely have a pit in the middle.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Why does the chicken need to be fried? :tongue: you cut over 75% of the calories if you just grill or bake it instead.
    Spinich salad.
    Fruit salad
    egg white salad for high protine and 1/3rd the fat. Use low fat yogurt instead of Mayo for the extra kick.
    --Diann...
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    That sounds great-the Mexican salad and all the others. I still need a few more. I'm going to go shopping tomorrow. Any ideas for fruit salads or something to do for breakfast? is there even a breakfast salad lol? Or is fruit salad a breakfast salad? I can repeat some salads just going to do 3 a day. I might have to put in some omelets for the breakfast portion though.
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We love to take Pineapple, Apple, Cantalope, Strawberries and grapes and then toss them together in some lime juice
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a salad I love that is vegetarian and completely unique.

2 cups lettuce
    1 tomato
    6 small vegetable samosa, cut into bite sizes.
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese

just mix this all together, the cottage cheese acts as a dressing. very filling and very tasty. I would eat it any time of day.

calories - 229
    carbs - 27
    fat - 4
    protein - 19
    cholesterol - 10
    sodium - 637
    sugar - 8
    fiber - 3
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tomato mozzerella salad.
    Tomatoes, fresh mozzerella, onions, basil, and oil n vinegar. Or lite italian dressing sometimes I add cucumbers too
    -Heather
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Taco salad! mmm- shredded lettuce, tomato, green peppers, olives, hot peppers, shredded tortilla, chicken (or a meatless alternative), shredded cheese, and salsa as dressing

Tomato-cucumber salad....... like the one they serve at swiss chalet, yum!
  • Elvidnir
    Elvidnir Posts: 23
    Options
    Lindsey's Favorite Fruit Salad

Strawberry
    Pineapple
    Raspberry
    And a hint of blueberries

Also bananas, but only freshly sliced. If you make a big batch and put bananas in, they get all brown and mushy. :brokenheart:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    coleslaw! I take an entire bag of coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrot, red cabbage) and mix a lot less dressing in it than you would think. (one time I only used 1/4 cup) However, a few hours later, that dressing has sunk into the cabbage, and yum!!!