Pumpkin Softies

Options
2»

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Just made these! Added in NF yogurt (instead of milk) and raisins instead of chocolate chips, and doubled the cinnamon. Delicious!!!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! bumping!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with pumpkin every fall! Yum!
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!:smooched:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just took a *fresh* batch out of the freezer... yum! :love:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    looks awesome! bump!
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know everyone has different tastes, but I really didn't like these cookies. Not even a little. Hope everyone else has better luck with the recipe.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I know everyone has different tastes, but I really didn't like these cookies. Not even a little. Hope everyone else has better luck with the recipe.

I'm with you. I made them last week, and I didn't think they had much flavor.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I use almost no sugar in my cooking... I am one of those weirdo's who thinks the best chocolate is the 90% cocoa kind. I have been weaning myself off of "sweet" for a long time now. If you are not used to it you will not like it.

I can't wait to try these!!

DD
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yeah sorry to say..i did not like these much...i was really excited to try them but they did not have much flavor..the only way my husband would eat them is if he dipped them in cool whip
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Well they (purposely) aren't sweet- there's almost no sugar in them. They look like the should taste sweet like a cookie, but they don't. Sorry you didn't enjoy them :ohwell:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Just made these! Added in NF yogurt (instead of milk) and raisins instead of chocolate chips, and doubled the cinnamon. Delicious!!!

Glad you liked them! I will try them again doubling the cinnamon- good idea... I LOVE cinnamon! :love:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Selfish bump post :bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    kelynn, how much fiber do they have? I have tried some of your other recipes and I do enjoy them. I am trying (not succeeding much :laugh: ) to wean myself off sugar as well. I like to try healthy/clean recipes. I want to try these, need to buy pumpkin. I might add some agave nectar instead of brown sugar and might do egg whites instead of whole eggs. I like the idea of doubling the cinnamon, love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Annette- I'm not sure how much fiber they have, actually. I'm at work now, and may have it written down at home... I'll check later on (assuming I remember :laugh: )
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I made them. They are good, not very sweet of course. I like the texture, chewy, and the taste of pumpkin (taste of fall). I would love them with some ice cream but don't have any. :laugh: My husband ate about 6 of them already. :laugh:

The only changes were:
    2 eggs instead of egg beaters
    1 tbsp of agave nectar instead of 1 tsp brown sugar
    2 tsp ground cinnamon instead of 1 tsp.

I got 36 cookies out of them, of course some smaller than others.

Calories 38
    fat 1
    Sodium 41
    Potassium 24
    carb 10
    fiber 1
    sugar 1
    protein 2

Thanks for sharing!!