A new lifestyle indeed!!

Options
2»

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Tami,
    Your honest sharing was amazing. Thank you!

My goal is lifestyle change!!! Sometimes when I get down to that next size I am afraid to give away my bigger clothes...."what if I gaint he weight back and need them again?" We do not have much money and purchasing clothes that fit has been a challenge for me.

Everytime I am tempted to put something bad in my mouth, I ask myself..."will this help you reach your goal? Is this what your REALLY want?" and 99 times out of a 100 I put it down and don't eat it.

I am a firm believer in the fact that this loooooonnnnngggg journey towards true lifestyle change is made up of minute decisions every moment of the day!

What gives me the courage and resolve to do all of that? It is people like you and banks and arewethereyet!!!

Thank you for being you!!!

DD
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OMGoodnes I was mentioned along with Tami and Steve!!

I am truly honored to encourage and inspire others.

I am humbled.:flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Jeanie,

It is very true! You inspire me everday with your postive attitude and encouraging spirit. For you and Tami your success in weight loss pales in comparison to the gift you have made of yourselves by your honesty, sharings, and encouragement.

Thank you!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

DD
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow - thanks for sharing your message! It's very inspiring to see you've been here for over two years... it truly is a lifestyle change. Congrats on your weight loss, but even more impressive is your courage and resolve. You are a very strong woman! You have very much to be proud of.
    Kathy
    You're welcome. :) And thank YOU!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tam,

Thank you so much for sharing this great story. You are an inspiration to me. I have been struggling for over a week to eat healthy, my computer went down and I had to wait on the phone company to send me the Modem box that I needed to get it up and running again, I did horrible, but I know that I can do this and I am getting right back on it. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for always being so positive.
    You can definitely do this and reach your goals despite some setbacks now and then. Just try to move forward and don't let them derail you completely.

Good job in getting back on it! :flowerforyou:
  • hotdiggitydogs3
    hotdiggitydogs3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are! Your honesty is refreshing and helpful as begin my journey today. Thank you for sharing your success. Congratulations on your success - not just on the scale, your success in life!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami,
    Your honest sharing was amazing. Thank you!

My goal is lifestyle change!!! Sometimes when I get down to that next size I am afraid to give away my bigger clothes...."what if I gaint he weight back and need them again?" We do not have much money and purchasing clothes that fit has been a challenge for me.

Everytime I am tempted to put something bad in my mouth, I ask myself..."will this help you reach your goal? Is this what your REALLY want?" and 99 times out of a 100 I put it down and don't eat it.

I am a firm believer in the fact that this loooooonnnnngggg journey towards true lifestyle change is made up of minute decisions every moment of the day!

What gives me the courage and resolve to do all of that? It is people like you and banks and arewethereyet!!!

Thank you for being you!!!

DD
    Thank you!! :)

I am sure that anyone here who has lost a significant amount of weight or is on their way to losing it can understand that fear. I think the important thing is to gain confidence while losing the weight. You know what you are capable of....how strong and determined. There is no reason you can't feel confident that you can keep this up forever. I know it's easier said than done but I can honestly say that is what I have gained this time around. That doesn't mean I never have a fear..but it just means that I feel sure that I can do this forever despite not always being perfect.

And I am so happy to help you to feel more confident and to have the courage to keep this up. :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    OMGoodnes I was mentioned along with Tami and Steve!!

I am truly honored to encourage and inspire others.

I am humbled.:flowerforyou:
    You are awesome Jeannie!! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Porscher
    Porscher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!! I will be praying for you--a healthy pregnancy, delivery and continued success!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Tami.... you continue to be an inspiration to so many. I know that looking at your success spurs me on when I am feeling it is all to hard. These past few weeks have been diffficult for me. First we were away on vacation and eating out for all meals and then I had meetings at work where we had breakfast and lunch brought in and then out for dinner for 2 days. Throughout all that I continued to work out hard and although I didn't lose, the only weight gain was through sodium and it is all gone now.

This posting of yours was the kick in the butt that I needed. Thanks for putting me back on track
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I am so proud of you!! I will be praying for you--a healthy pregnancy, delivery and continued success!!

Thank you!

I actually already did have the baby..on September 4th!! :happy: :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami.... you continue to be an inspiration to so many. I know that looking at your success spurs me on when I am feeling it is all to hard. These past few weeks have been diffficult for me. First we were away on vacation and eating out for all meals and then I had meetings at work where we had breakfast and lunch brought in and then out for dinner for 2 days. Throughout all that I continued to work out hard and although I didn't lose, the only weight gain was through sodium and it is all gone now.

This posting of yours was the kick in the butt that I needed. Thanks for putting me back on track
    You're so welcome and thanks!! And happy to hear the sodium gain is all gone! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Here is my "Success in Pregnancy" post I had kept up. Some of the photos throughout the thread have been deleted..but a lot are still there!! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50347-success-in-pregnancy-progression-pics
  • oceanluvr
    Options
    Congrats! Thats so amazing you lost that much AND kept it off! :)
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Tammy! you are so awesome! I know that i struggle on a daily basis with my old habits. it's hard to not give in and i give in a lot more than i should. :sad: but it's a one day at a time battle. thanks for all the support and encouragement you've given us all. you are definitely an inspiration. i hope everything works out for you and your boys. :flowerforyou:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Tam,

Even at your weakest point you are still a stronger woman. I would like to thank you for always giving such great inspiration. I look up to you and your many trials. Everything you have done has made you the great person you are today. Keep pushing.

"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"

:love: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Can't beleive I didn't see this before now - you are a true inspiration to me...I remember seeing you on here when I first joined and was so in awe of your progress, your inspiring posts, and with life in the way, you are still one amazing lady!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!