Calorie Calculators

Options
Calculators that figure what your maintenance/weight loss calorie intake should be.
They're all over the place for me! Even though they ask the same questions, I don't think any two calculator results have even been close to one another. The MFP was the very lowest daily calorie result. What gives? Why the discrepancy?

Replies

• slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't give you more information about your question and I have lost all my weight and I have been at maintain for 10 months on MFP. So I know this site works for me. I have been on this site for 415 days.

Good Luck!
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Give me your details please :)
  • gijo76
    gijo76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I personally increased my calorie intake to a higher # than what MFP chose for me. I sit most the day for my job, but outside of work, I am high endurance athlete. So, I changed mine up and it works well. If you have an idea of what you need to maintain your current weight, you can decrease that by 500 calories for a few weeks and see what you lose. Healthy goal is usually between 1-2 lbs a week. Although the first week, with increasing your water intake you are likely to drop more than that, due to flushing all the sodium out.
    Good Luck! :wink: