I need a nap!!!

Options
I had a healthy lunch, small salad and turkey w/ff cheese on light oatmeal bread, some grapes and a couple of pretzel rods. I feel like I could fall asleep at my desk. Honestly, if I didn't think I'd drool all over paper work, I'd do it.

I have been walking 2 1/2 miles every morning and evening for about three weeks now. My whole body was really sore the first two weeks. It's getting better now. When is the extra energy gonna kick in? :sad:

Have a great day!

Replies

• cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Options
    I had a healthy lunch, small salad and turkey w/ff cheese on light oatmeal bread, some grapes and a couple of pretzel rods. I feel like I could fall asleep at my desk. Honestly, if I didn't think I'd drool all over paper work, I'd do it.

I have been walking 2 1/2 miles every morning and evening for about three weeks now. My whole body was really sore the first two weeks. It's getting better now. When is the extra energy gonna kick in? :sad:

Have a great day!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I had that problem.. Then I started taking a oneaday... It totally helped, but thats just me. haha

Go to potty, that always wakes you up! haha
  • nmsp2180s
    nmsp2180s Posts: 12
    Options
    Just a hint: eliminate the preztel rods and the turkey/cheese sandwich on bread, and substitute protein. Have a half a baked chicken or turkey breast, or some low fat beef/tofu stir-fry with lots of broccoli instead. Add 16 oz of cold water to the meal.

It might help.

Bread and preztels have more refined carbs that most people realize, which is what causes that mid afternoon crash. If you really want the carbohydrates, try and make them a little more "slow-burning." Try 1/2 cup plain cooked oatmeal, or a 1/2 cup of plain baked sweet potato.
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Turkey has tryptophan in it ... nature's sleeping pill !!!!! Have tuna instead maybe ??
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yenn!!! I was just about to post the same thing!!! :laugh: They say that trytophan is in all meats but it must be the most potent in Turkey b/c I had to quit the TURKEY (for the most part). I opt for lean chicken, tuna, etc. instead.

Also, be sure you are drinking enough fluids and I would definitely start taking a multi-vitamin if you aren't already. You need those B vitamins for energy, PMS, etc.
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks all, a one a day is on my shopping. Turkey is off the lunch list. Thanks bunches!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I told my hubby I was extra tired from exercising. He said, "I thought exercise was supposed to make you energized!" I was kind of annoyed. Yeah, and all exercise is supposed to be fun, too!

Anyway, it might be because your body isn't used to it. If you really need a pick-me-up, try to fit a little juice or fruit into your calories, even if it's watered down juice? Maybe the sugar will revive you.