Up'ed my calories and starving more than ever?

Options
I just up'ed my calories to 1540 and I eat my exercise calories back. I have been starving. Yesterday I ate 1990 calories (starving all day), and this morning I woke up with my stomach growling at me "FEED ME!" Is this possible? I am eating every 2-3 hours. I swear if a chicken ran by me I would run after it and attack!! So keep your lunches close by cause I am lurking looking for my next meal! :laugh:

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Did you up them by adding sugars and processed carbs? If so, there's your problem...
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Did you up them by adding sugars and processed carbs? If so, there's your problem...
    Was wondering the same thing...too much fruit or carbs will make you hungrier. Maybe need to add more protein and fiber as these are very filling. Egg whites are low cal and very filling if you still need something more after your regular day. Are you craving certain types of foods? Sometimes our cravings are indicative of a nutrient that we need more of.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I just up'ed my calories to 1540 and I eat my exercise calories back. I have been starving. Yesterday I ate 1990 calories (starving all day), and this morning I woke up with my stomach growling at me "FEED ME!" Is this possible? I am eating every 2-3 hours. I swear if a chicken ran by me I would run after it and attack!! So keep your lunches close by cause I am lurking looking for my next meal! :laugh:

If I eat less than 3000 calories I'm starving.....

Really even at that point. I'll lose weight with anything less than 3000 calories NET (including workout calories) and would probably stall out losing-wise from too few calories at about 2500-2600 net calories.
  • curlygirly80
    curlygirly80 Posts: 176
    Options
    Sorry, didn't realize my food diary was set to private. Check out yesterday and today and let me know what you think?
  • curlygirly80
    Options

But do you still lose easting that many calories? And how much are you exercising a day?
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

But do you still lose easting that many calories? And how much are you exercising a day?

1-2 hours.

Usually a 2 mile walk at lunch and an hour to an hour and a half each night, running or strength training.

Yes, I've been searching for my maintence level by eating more and more and more (increasing every few weeks once I figure out I'm still losing), and think I've got it now at 3050 calories/day net, which is about 3700-4100 calories gross before exercise calories are subtracted.

It always blows my mind when I see how little some people eat. I wouldn't lose anything if I netted below 2000 calories, that way too little food and I'd plateau bad. (Even when I was really fat, nowadays I'll plateau if I eat less than 2500 calories).
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't realize my food diary was set to private. Check out yesterday and today and let me know what you think?
    You need more fat and less processed food/sugar. Try that.

If you upped your calories, and you are starving, that could be your metabolism kicking in.
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Move your macros around. It looks like you are eating about 55% Carbs, 30% Fat, and 15% protein. Protein, fat, and fiber give foods satiety, so I can understand why you are starving. Up your protein and reduce carbs and see what happens.
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

It looks like many days you are undereating by a lot and not eating back exercise cals? Maybe because some days your calorie intake is too low, other days when you try to eat a "regular" amount your body still wants more...prob need to consider upping cal intake. Check out www.fat2fitradio.com I learned a LOT from this website!
  • curlygirly80
    Options

It looks like many days you are undereating by a lot and not eating back exercise cals? Maybe because some days your calorie intake is too low, other days when you try to eat a "regular" amount your body still wants more...prob need to consider upping cal intake. Check out www.fat2fitradio.com I learned a LOT from this website!

I only up'ed the calories as of yesterday, before then I wasn't doing much of anything because the kiddies were sick.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A couple of things that have helped me... I switched from yogurt to cottage cheese, just more filling to me. Cottage cheese with blueberries mixed in is really filling and tasty! I used to hate cottage cheese, but with the blueberries, it's quite good.

Also, I cut out toast in the morning and just have scrambled eggs (sometimes with meat or veggies) and a small non-fat latte. Keeps me really full until lunch for not many calories. The whole eggs have fat and protien. I can't get full with egg whites....