In need fo a few good friends....

Options
serasv
serasv Posts: 56 Member
Hi there!
I'm Seras, and I am overweight.... phew! I said it. lol.

It took me a long time to admit this to myself. I would purposefully avoid being in photos so I wouldn't have to see myself, wear baggy clothes that hid my rolls and I'd delude myself into thinking it wasn't THAT bad.... but it's gotten to the point where things need to change.

I am here to get my health back, and my life. I used to be fit, and cute, but it all went down hill. I stopped caring and in doing so I ended up where I am today: At 215#'s. Currently, I am injured with a torn ligament, but after a visit with my family, I have decided to try anyways. An injury is no excuse to postpone a journey to health.

So I am looking for some friends who are willing to support me, and in exchange, I promise to do my best to support you as well. To be honest and helpful, and hopefully we can move forward together.

Will you be my friend?

Replies

• hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request!! :)
  • serasv
    Options
    Sent you a friend request!! :)
    And accepted! =D
  • serasv
    Options
    Still open to friend requests!
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    Love the pic! Will be sending you a request right after posting this!
  • fitter52
    fitter52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for My Fitness Pal and would like friends, too. I send you a request. I keep slipping up and down in my weight loss goals. It is hard to keep restarting. But it is better to keep trying than to give up.

Fitter52
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'd like some more friends too please, I hadn't realise how nice it is to spur each other on until I got a couple of friends almost by accident. It's really motivational.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I too have an injury! (Occurred a couple weeks and 8lbs ago...) But I'm still losing weight! It's definitely hard because I cannot rely on exercise as much as I did before to help with the weight loss. I would love to be your friend!
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I was 320 lbs when I graduated high school, lost 110, then the combination of WFH and a major car accident got the better of me, down 20 so far, with 80 more to go. Need all the motivation I can get.
  • Goldengirl1234
    Options
    Anybody who wants a friend add me :)
  • jenjenn135
    jenjenn135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. The more support the better!
  • LadyBug56711
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm Seras, and I am overweight.... phew! I said it. lol.

It took me a long time to admit this to myself. I would purposefully avoid being in photos so I wouldn't have to see myself, wear baggy clothes that hid my rolls and I'd delude myself into thinking it wasn't THAT bad.... but it's gotten to the point where things need to change.

I am here to get my health back, and my life. I used to be fit, and cute, but it all went down hill. I stopped caring and in doing so I ended up where I am today: At 215#'s. Currently, I am injured with a torn ligament, but after a visit with my family, I have decided to try anyways. An injury is no excuse to postpone a journey to health.

So I am looking for some friends who are willing to support me, and in exchange, I promise to do my best to support you as well. To be honest and helpful, and hopefully we can move forward together.

Will you be my friend?
  • LadyBug56711
    Options
    add me as a friend
  • bigjax1
    bigjax1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! :)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I've been here since February and not only have I lost 20lbs (and counting) but I have completely changed my life. The friends I have met on here have made all the difference. It's so good to have a place that is supportive, encouraging and inspiring to go to everyday. MFP definitely works! I will send you a friend request and anyone else, feel free to add me. :)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you will get lots of support here, anyone feel free to add me.