JUNE STARTERS - Monday Weigh In - October 26th

datenshi
datenshi Posts: 840 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, this group came about from one of KandyJo's posts.... Here is the information regarding the group in her words...

"It seemed that a lot of us are in the same spot (I'm in the middle of my second week) so we thought how fabulous to start a group for all of us on the "same page" so to speak.
So, for now, I am identifying us as JUNE STARTERS becuase we haven't came up with a name yet

Ok, in this post....
People in this group need to have started their new journey to weight loss and/or a fitter person in June....recommittments count...that is where I am right now.... I'm a recommitter and I started two weeks ago... So, if you fit this description, welcome!
We want to start by you posting your starting weight, current weight (ew, I know) weight goal and any mini goals that you may have. If you want to share a little about yourself that is fine too.
We want to really good a good idea of who our group members are, so be sure to reply to this post!!!
Ok.... "

Side Note: I added this so that newcomers would know what the group is about if they come across this thread.

Replies

• datenshi
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 211.6
    CW: 208.6

Progress this week: - 3.0 lbs
    Total Progress: - 44.8 lbs

Good luck everyone and have a great week!!!

T
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Sorry everyone, things got really hectic at home this weekend and I ended up without a computer. (At least until we finish the computer room.)

Here's the spreadsheet: http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/index.html

Congrats Magglett!! You rocked that challenge!!

Detenshi, good job! Another great loss this week!!
  • Since my life is a mess ( my son keeps running away and sneaking out of the house and my husband and I split up 6 weeks ago) I cannot believe I am not eating like crazy...

SW 181
    LW 148
    CW 145

Probably because my stomach is a mess rather than self control. Oh well.......at least it is a loss.:brokenheart:
  • kevins(ex)girl - Your son is probably upset about the recent split. Have you considered having him talk with someone or is he just too young?

On a personal note, I think the Excel spreadsheets motivate me the most. :) Nothing like seeing all those averages and everyone's success right there with mine, even if we've stumbled this week, those total changes and % lost always make me feel all warm inside. (and makes the competitive part of me wonder if I can bring up my stats just a bit. :laugh: )
  • saving for wednesday! :flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    CW: 144 I'm happy with this I just don't want to be any higher.
    GW: 135
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member

T

I just wanted to say you are doing an amazing job. 45 lbs is such a huge accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • thirtyby40
    Since my life is a mess ( my son keeps running away and sneaking out of the house and my husband and I split up 6 weeks ago) I cannot believe I am not eating like crazy...

SW 181
    LW 148
    CW 145

Probably because my stomach is a mess rather than self control. Oh well.......at least it is a loss.:brokenheart:

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you can find a quick and painless solution to your trouble with your son. After my separation from my first husband I took my son to a family counseling. He resented it totally, but it really helped. Things always get better!

Anyways, I am glad to hear you are not eating yourself into a stuppor, but do take care of yourself and eat. You have done an awesome job since the start. Focus on the good things.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    SW 208.5
    LW 176
    CW 174

Hey ... down 2 lbs. this week ... not too shabby ... I'm happy with that.
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Just so busy and didn't get on MFP at all last week. I haven't given up though- still working towards my goal.

SW-179
    LW-157
    CW-155

Hope you are all doing well!
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Yay! I remembered this time.

SW - 300lbs
    LW - 275.2
    CW - 272.8

Not too bad. Happy with that. :smooched:
  • busymom74
    Hey! Collectively, we've lost 400.75 lbs as of last week!! WOW :noway: and we lost 19.05 lbs last week alone! WHOO! GO JUNE STARTERS! :flowerforyou:
  • Hey! Collectively, we've lost 400.75 lbs as of last week!! WOW :noway: and we lost 19.05 lbs last week alone! WHOO! GO JUNE STARTERS! :flowerforyou:

YAY!!! June Starters Rock!!! :bigsmile:
  • I wish it was related.....more likely the split is due to the stress from my son..........but thanks

and haha on the (ex)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member

T

Every week that I read your progress it is such an inspiration to me..... WOW!!! 45 pounds since June.... Congrats!!
  • kandyjo
    Since my life is a mess ( my son keeps running away and sneaking out of the house and my husband and I split up 6 weeks ago) I cannot believe I am not eating like crazy...

SW 181
    LW 148
    CW 145

I am so sorry that you are having a stressful time.... I really hope and pray things get better for you real soon!!!
  • kandyjo
    kevins(ex)girl - Your son is probably upset about the recent split. Have you considered having him talk with someone or is he just too young?

On a personal note, I think the Excel spreadsheets motivate me the most. :) Nothing like seeing all those averages and everyone's success right there with mine, even if we've stumbled this week, those total changes and % lost always make me feel all warm inside. (and makes the competitive part of me wonder if I can bring up my stats just a bit. :laugh: )

I am SO happy to have you back on our posts again!!! We MISSED YOU!!!!
    I am also thrilled that the spreadsheets are having that effect on you!!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    SW 208.5
    LW 176
    CW 174

Hey ... down 2 lbs. this week ... not too shabby ... I'm happy with that.

Mag you are getting really close to those 160's!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! You da Woman!
  • kandyjo
    Hey! Collectively, we've lost 400.75 lbs as of last week!! WOW :noway: and we lost 19.05 lbs last week alone! WHOO! GO JUNE STARTERS! :flowerforyou:

WOW!!! That is amazing!!! Thanks for that info....:flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    The stats are motivating. Thanks for taking the time to do them.:happy:
    Monday-walked 3.83 miles
  • ilike2moveit
    I understand the stress that teenagers can cause! Hang in there!
  • datenshi

T

Every week that I read your progress it is such an inspiration to me..... WOW!!! 45 pounds since June.... Congrats!!

Awwwww.... you are so sweet. Your positive attitude and support of everyone is a big inspiration to me.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    T
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    I just found out I'm pregnant! Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journey :wink: I'm going on a different journey now but I'll come back to visit you guys around July after the baby is born. See ya later!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    I just found out I'm pregnant! Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journey :wink: I'm going on a different journey now but I'll come back to visit you guys around July after the baby is born. See ya later!! :drinker:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • yolie1220
    Thanks!! :love:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000

congratulation_to_baby.jpg
  • busymom74
    Congrats yolie1220!!!! :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: Wishing you an easy pregnancy and an even easier delivery!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Yay for babies!! :) Congrats to you and your man!

Congrats to everyone on their losses. I have been feeling so blah lately, with it getting colder and having to study basically 8 hours a day for my finals which were last friday, this monday, and the mega test on friday. It's wearing me down, but the end is near! This weekend should be fun, so I cannot wait for that. I am literally counting down the hours.

I am trying to be more positive, as of late all I feel like is a debbie downer pessimist stick in the mud. I know this will pass, so I'm trying to focus on things like playing with my dog and watching my fave tv show for a little bit each day. Exercising has completely fallen off the map--I just don't have time. I don't even really leave the house except to go to class for a few hours or to eat dinner with friends. UGHHHHHHH I think the stress has impacted my weight loss too. I just feel crappy, and all I wanna do is eat a bunch of junk or not eat at all, which I know hinders me as well. Ok enough ranting; thanks for listening you guys. I hope to be back to my happy self next week, so until then I will sit back with my notes and my coffee and be buried underneath all my papers :laugh:
  • yolie1220
    Congrats yolie1220!!!! :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: Wishing you an easy pregnancy and an even easier delivery!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    Congrats Yolie!
This discussion has been closed.