What Protein Do You Eat For Breakfast?

Options
amanda3588
amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
I love eggs, but I'm getting sick of them. What do you eat to get your morning protein, other than protein shakes? I'm looking for food/recipe ideas rather than adding protein powder to random things.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% honey greek yogurt.

Meat is good too.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Pork, Turkey, Beef. I change up what I have and the spices I use.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I also eat Greek yogurt. My favorite is Oikos nonfat strawberry fruit-on-the-bottom. It has 12g protein.
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Greek yogurt
  • Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Costco brand plain greek yogurt - 24g/cup , might want to add fruit or sweetener, its a bit sour plain
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    chicken, steak, or tuna... u can eat any type of protein for breakfast but if you are looking at "breakfast type foods" then eggs and protein shakes are pretty much the norm because eggs are accociated with breakfast even though i eat them at all times of the day, and protein powder is good for shakes which is what people like consuming in the morning.
  • mayhemrat2
    mayhemrat2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I put it on toast with a slice of tomato
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating a whole wheat english muffin (about 5 grams of protein) and some peanut butter (about 8).
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Turkey Bacon, Ham Steak, Cheese, Milk...
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Socially, the prescribed norm is eggs. I eat anything for breakfast. I love dinner leftovers for breakfast!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Either eggs or greek yogurt with Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed in.

If I'm in a huge rush, Shakeology.
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Tofu, tempeh, tuna, chicken, with veggies and rice, you'll be surprised what a big bowl of food you can make within your cals.
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    I usually eat egg whites scrambled with laughing cow cheese and tomato or mushrooms, or greek yogurt with oatmeal/cereal.
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Greek yogurt

This and put some flax/pumpkin seeds through it - or turkey bacon :happy:
  • organized_chaos
    Options
    I make a real fruit smoothie and add one egg to it (raw, local farm raised and healthy)
    **And no I am not worried about salmonella, if its from a healthy farm, and you are a healthy person, even if it had it your body fights it off no problem. My grandma and one of my friends have done it since they were little And they are very healthy. **
    (People freak when they see the word raw sometimes)
    The more you cook the egg the more it destroys the good things in it, that people eat the egg for in the first place.

So i just blend a bunch of real fruit with some orange juice and then put th eegg in mix it up and drink it, Its awsome. Tons of protein and other good vitamins.

Oh yeah and the flax seeds.
  • JersryGirl31
    JersryGirl31 Posts: 167
    Options
    I like cottage cheese on toast or with fruit. Yogurt is also good especially with fresh fruit.
    There are lots of ways to eat eggs. I like poached on toast, scrambled and in an omelet. I have been meaning to try french toast. Soaking the bread overnight gives you more protein with less carbs.
  • JersryGirl31
    JersryGirl31 Posts: 167
    Options
    Sometimes when I have great leftovers, I eat them. It doesn't have to be "breakfast foo"
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I have 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites with spinach almost every morning ... when I can't stand the sight of eggs I have

La Tortilla Factory - Corn Tortilla, 1 oz cheese, 2 tbsp. salsa (16g Protein)
  • organized_chaos
    Options
    Oh yeah andI add WHEY to my smoothies, not store bought poweder, Home made whey from whole milk yogurt, Awesome stuff.
  • organized_chaos
    Options
    I have 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites with spinach almost every morning ... when I can't stand the sight of eggs I have

La Tortilla Factory - Corn Tortilla, 1 oz cheese, 2 tbsp. salsa (16g Protein)

How do you eat them ? the spinach and the eggs.