More than a NSV, this is a LIFE VICTORY!!

Options
2»

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    =) I sort of know the feeling!! And that was an amazing accomplishment.
    Stay healthy :drinker:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm sorry if anybody attacks you but you have every right to be very proud of conquering a food trigger. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Exactly right! Each of us has to look for ways to fight our own personal demons and you have found one -- but stay vigilant, bad habits fight back at first.

Cookies. You probably can't "just say no" (I can't) so an alternative is to bag each one separately and put them all in the freezer. Make Monday, Wednesday and Friday cookie days. Have your son take one out (one for him too), microwave it, and serve it to mommy on a plate in the living room (even if he needs some help.) He can be proud of the ceremony surrounding HIS cooking and you have reasons not to disappoint him by sneaking them on your own

Love this idea, I think I'm gonna try it for when I go on my baking sprees. Has to be cheaper than trying to give it away to friends so it doesn't tempt me.
  • no_4realthis_time
    Options
    Congratulations on your huge victory! I, too, cannot seem to control myself around cereal- one bowl NEVER seems sufficient!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WTG! I have no time for anyone that would say anything against someone with an eating disorder. I met one when I was in group therapy. I cant identify, because I have never had to deal with it, but I can sympathize because my demon is no more relevant than anyone else's. Continued success with your recovery!
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! That's great news! :) Keep it up <3
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    Way to go!! I've been recovered from my ED for over a year now, and little victories like that are SO important and are just another step in the right direction.

Keep it up! It gets better :)
  • mwestmount
    mwestmount Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations on a major NSV! I hope you can have many more like it!

Thank you so much!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    GREAT MENTAL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stephmo86
    stephmo86 Posts: 45
    Options
    That IS a victory! Great job!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. CONGRATULATIONS! WTG on getting healthier!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Where's that like button!!!!

*LIKE*
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    Exactly right! Each of us has to look for ways to fight our own personal demons and you have found one -- but stay vigilant, bad habits fight back at first.

Cookies. You probably can't "just say no" (I can't) so an alternative is to bag each one separately and put them all in the freezer. Make Monday, Wednesday and Friday cookie days. Have your son take one out (one for him too), microwave it, and serve it to mommy on a plate in the living room (even if he needs some help.) He can be proud of the ceremony surrounding HIS cooking and you have reasons not to disappoint him by sneaking them on your own

THIS IS BRILLIANT!!! I've already had 3 and that is PLENTY. I'm going to do this right now. Can't thank you enough!!! Lachlan (my nearly 3 year old) has just grown tall enough to reach the freezer with the step stool, and he will love the routine of "cookie day"!! THANKS
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support. I'm so grateful and my love of the forums is back 100% after the bad experience a few weeks ago!

Thank you thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!