Water & hormonal weight

Options
Ladies.....how much do you put on around your period? The scales say I've gained 2lbs since last week but I think it's more like 5 as I feel like I lost more at the start of the week. It's really frustrating as it makes you feel like its a massive set back.

Replies

• alohagirl81
    Options
    I am feeling that today for sure. Scale says I gained close to 4lbs and I feel every bit of it. It really is frustrating lol but hopefully next week it'll be back to normal. :grumble:
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I may track it for a few months see if there's a regular. 'added' amount then I know where I 'really' am!
  • alohagirl81
    Options
    Thats a good idea, I think I will do the same!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 100% on plan and I gained 1.5lbs last week totm I lost it this week with 2lbs too -3.5lbs but its frustrating
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I got TOM this morning and I had no gain or loss on the scale this morning to my surprise! We will see tomorrow LOL!
  • bazaar1982
    Options
    I got TOM this morning and I had no gain or loss on the scale this morning to my surprise! We will see tomorrow LOL!

Well done! My gains usually the day or so before - drops off as it arrives. It just hurts when you do so well and see the scales go the wrong way! It makes me want chocolate!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I get water retention, around 3 or 4 lbs, the week before totm and then when it starts all my water weight goes away..
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yeah the cravings are the worst. I just smashed a 6" turkey sub and 2 servings of potato chips for lunch LOL! Definitely going to have to work that off tonight LOL!!!!!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Also, this is unrelated to totm, but I notice I will hold onto weight if I don't get enough sleep. Then as soon as I get enough it goes back down.
  • bazaar1982
    Options
    Also, this is unrelated to totm, but I notice I will hold onto weight if I don't get enough sleep. Then as soon as I get enough it goes back down.

Well you do burn a lot of calories in your sleep (best excuse for a lie in ever) so maybe you body stores some for sleep?