protein shake or low-fat subway

Options
I have been exercising right before lunch (time and distance constraints). I usually exercise both cardio and strength. When I am finished I am starving. Would it be better to drink a protein shake and then have a light lunch when I get home? ( I live 30 minutes away.) Or would it be better to eat a light subway sandwich before I start for home?

Replies

• spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I would do shake after workout and then eat at home.

Why: protein shakes a great thing to consume after working out, when you go home you have the option of less processed foods (ideally) and you don't have to pay for Subway.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if you need something in your stomach before the workout I'd suggest the protein shake over Subway and eat when you get home.
  • rekus73
    rekus73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here...I usually do protein shake right after my work-out and about an hour later I will eat something...
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    personally shakes make me feel much better close to a workout, my digestive system doesn't have to work so hard I guess. Sometimes I have half a protein shake and then half a sandwich an hour or two later, so I can let my body rest a little. When I eat too much after working out I feel sluggish and like sleeping, lol.
  • kyoung1185
    Options
    Thanks. I was going to have the same problem when summer ended and I go back to work. I'll be working out in the afternoon then - right before supper.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising right before lunch (time and distance constraints). I usually exercise both cardio and strength. When I am finished I am starving. Would it be better to drink a protein shake and then have a light lunch when I get home? ( I live 30 minutes away.) Or would it be better to eat a light subway sandwich before I start for home?

I think you should base this decision off of personal preference, assuming you're eating the same total daily intake of calories and macronturients by the end of the day.