Exactly a year ago since 6/4/11, 800 Miles later

Options
directorj
directorj Posts: 537 Member
It’s been a very long journey and a complete 360 degree of my life. I’m a yo-yo diet guy and didn’t like the gym after a few months. I had a full time job which was a bit stressful and ended up eating the following:

Breakfast : Mcdonalds/Burger King / Donuts etc..etc
Lunch: Always (5x a week) restaurant of choice: Applebees, Chilis, Olive Garden, Pizza, Burritos, etc
Dinner : Homecooked food but mostly high carb/high fat.
Weekends : Drinking..more restaurants..etc.

This was a routine for the next few months until I lost my job (last May). No worries because if I stayed any longer, I would have done worst to my body. I would wake up with back pains and sometimes I felt like my heart was having a hard time pumping! My pulse rate was always 70bpm-80bpm and blood pressure was borderline hypertension and I’m only 23 at the time!.

My doctor said “you’re too young, I don’t want to put you on meds for the rest of your life” Yikes!!!

So here comes June 2011 @ 230lbs.

LOSS12.jpg

I stumbled upon Nike+ and literally on June 3rd, 2011, I ran 5.02miles on the treadmill powered by WILL POWER! I never stopped to this day. My motivation at the time was food.

“The more I run, the more I can eat, guilt free”

I got tired of eating so much (after 2 months) and it became a waste of a run because I would breakeven. Started eating healthier and learning more about nutrition and joined MFP which added even MORE motivation!

Next thing you know I just kept on running and never stopped. Now it’s a year ago!

LOSS2.jpg

LOSS34.jpg

A few things that changed :smile:

No more backpain, unless it’s “sore” from training
My pulse rate is resting at 50bpm :heart:
I’m more into outdoor activities
Much more happier!!
More confident
Running a marathon is possible, but not just yet
People look at me different in a good healthy way instead of a fat slob.

1 Year is a long time, I'm not saying I'm a master at weightloss, I just did it. Let's just say I'd like to inspire everyone else and I know I still have about 20-25lbs left on where I'd like to be before my first marathon. :wink:

Replies

• tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on you success you look good..
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    you seem to have made a real lifestyle change. Amazing job!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud, you've made huge accomplishments!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    outstanding job!
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    It’s been a very long journey and a complete 360 degree of my life. I’m a yo-yo diet guy and didn’t like the gym after a few months. I had a full time job which was a bit stressful and ended up eating the following:

Breakfast : Mcdonalds/Burger King / Donuts etc..etc
    Lunch: Always (5x a week) restaurant of choice: Applebees, Chilis, Olive Garden, Pizza, Burritos, etc
    Dinner : Homecooked food but mostly high carb/high fat.
    Weekends : Drinking..more restaurants..etc.

This was a routine for the next few months until I lost my job (last May). No worries because if I stayed any longer, I would have done worst to my body. I would wake up with back pains and sometimes I felt like my heart was having a hard time pumping! My pulse rate was always 70bpm-80bpm and blood pressure was borderline hypertension and I’m only 23 at the time!.

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;0) CONGRATS!

My doctor said “you’re too young, I don’t want to put you on meds for the rest of your life” Yikes!!!

So here comes June 2011 @ 230lbs.

LOSS12.jpg

I stumbled upon Nike+ and literally on June 3rd, 2011, I ran 5.02miles on the treadmill powered by WILL POWER! I never stopped to this day. My motivation at the time was food.

“The more I run, the more I can eat, guilt free”

I got tired of eating so much (after 2 months) and it became a waste of a run because I would breakeven. Started eating healthier and learning more about nutrition and joined MFP which added even MORE motivation!

Next thing you know I just kept on running and never stopped. Now it’s a year ago!

LOSS2.jpg

LOSS34.jpg

A few things that changed :smile:

No more backpain, unless it’s “sore” from training
    My pulse rate is resting at 50bpm :heart:
    I’m more into outdoor activities
    Much more happier!!
    More confident
    Running a marathon is possible, but not just yet
    People look at me different in a good healthy way instead of a fat slob.

1 Year is a long time, I'm not saying I'm a master at weightloss, I just did it. Let's just say I'd like to inspire everyone else and I know I still have about 20-25lbs left on where I'd like to be before my first marathon. :wink:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, Congrats!
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your new life!!!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful and I'm sure you're even happier that you feel so much better! Can't wait to hear about your marathon success story down the road! :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great story! I love your progress! Keep up the great work! You look great!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • directorj
    Options
    Thanks I really appreciate it, and yes, I'm going to post when I run a marathon! :happy:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :-)
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it going.
  • Tcormie
    Tcormie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration, now I have to ride 100.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Man, you are a true inspiration! Keep going, my man! Those next 20-25lbs will be nothing for you!!!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • directorj
    Options
    Thanks a lot again and feel free to add me
  • eesmetana
    eesmetana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome - congrats on all your success! Keep it up!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 1yr...You have done great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!