CALLING ALL CHRISTIANS

Options
13»

Replies

• cmwilson21
    Options
    I agree with the poster about Christian rap. It's highly motivational and the beats are so well driven, it's so easy to work out to them. Some of my favorites are Make War by Tedashii, Superstar by Trip Lee, Joyful Noise by Flame, Shut Us Down by Sho Baraka, I'm Good by Trip Lee, Clear the Air by Pro, You Don't Want Me by Lil Prophet, 116 single by Pro and KB, Bury Me by Tedashii, Go Hard by Lecrae, Don't Waste Your Life by Lecrae. I could keep going! Anyone feel free to message me if you want anymore!

And for you men out there, 116 Clique guys recently released an album titled Man Up with 6 or 7 tracks that call Christian men to start manning up and becomming biblical men. I'm a girl, but I still love to listen to the tracks. So any of those are good, too!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Cradle Of Filth, Slayer.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Cradle Of Filth, Slayer.

Don't forget Deicide and Lamb of God.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Cradle Of Filth, Slayer.

Don't forget Deicide and Lamb of God.

I almost put Lamb of God!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Madisa - I got the victory!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Love the music, Proverbs 14:15 A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.
    Proverbs 4:25-26 Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm
    Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil: cling to what is good

My all time favorite Proverbs 25:14 Like clouds and wind without rain is a man who boasts of gifts he does not give

I don't know if anyone is interested but http://www.heartlight.org/ you can sign up there for free and have daily prayers and daily wisdom sent to your phone or computer it is a great way to start the day.

Last but not least
    Ephesians 4:29 Do not let unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Superchick is a good one.

Yep!

Btw, not only Christians listen to Christian/motivational music. I didn't even know some of my fav singers were actually Christian singers, just thought the music was really happy and motivational. Ie>Not being a smart *kitten*, but it's kinda like saying "calling all blacks, what type of black music do you like" lol.

:flowerforyou:
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    *looks around hoping to find Christian Slater and leaves utterly disappointed*

You win!
  • jesusismyrock7
    jesusismyrock7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HILLSONG, JESUS CULTURE ALBUM COME AWAY IS AWESOME! TOBY MAC, JJ HELLER, LINDSAY MCCAUL, RED IS AWESOME, AND FOR NON-CHRISTIAN HEAVY METAL I LOVE SOILWORK THEY ARE AWESOME NOT SO MUCH CHRISTIAN BUT AWESOME!
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    NeedToBreathe, TobyMac, Skillet, Grits. I have to many to list.
  • Proverbs31Lady
    Options
    I don't really listen to music while I'm working out but a few times I've listened to Southern Baptist, revival type choir-music.... LOL, for some reason, it really gets me fired up. Most of the time, though, I focus on simply praising the Lord and thanking Him for who He is... does wonders for the rest of my day, too! :)
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Children 18:3 is super upbeat and awesome :)

For Christian music, I lean more towards rock. Skillet, Disciple, Switchfoot, NeedtoBreathe (AMAZING VOCALS...if you get the chance, see them live!), Pillar...that type of stuff
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Not really into Christian Music while lifting or doing cardio.

Same here. I love music and I just can't take most of the junk (sorry, no offense intended) they play every hour on the hour on K-Love. I love Jesus, but I also love good music.

That said... it's the only bit of his music I have but I do find "Take My Breath Away" by Michael W. Smith pretty motivating. I actually downloaded it because it was on some magazine's "best workout songs" list. I also love Grits, particularly "My Life Be Like (Ooh, Ahh)" and "Here We Go". The rest of my gym playlist is Lykke Li, The Ting Tings, ridiculous rap, and terrible pop. *shrug*

Not necessarily for cardio: if you don't listen to Jon Foreman, you should start. Now.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily for cardio: if you don't listen to Jon Foreman, you should start. Now.

YES
  • gemmarosee
    gemmarosee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Thousand Foot Krutch if you're into Christian Rock. They're really motivating, and just plain awesome.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.