Tattoo???

Options
13»

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    232323232%7Ffp432%3C6%3Enu%3D327%3B%3E4%3B2%3E%3A84%3E236%3C4%3B2%3B75233ot1lsi

This is my next tattoo - nothing to do with weight loss, I just want it. I used a sharpie to draw this on, lol it's not real although in a pic I could pass it off as real :wink: Still don't know what I'll do for my weight loss tattoo - I also have a tat on my lower back, my tramp-stamp. Um, it means absolutely nothing. My best friend got the same tattoo when we were 18 lol so although it has no meaning, its pretty & i never have to see it since its on my back. I do like it though - and it was the first thing my hubs noticed when we met (he walked up behind me, dont' get the wrong idea haha). And I quote "whoa! she has a tat?? that's hot!" :blushing: yup.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It took me years to finally go and get mine because I was told time and time again that "someday" I would regret it. I finally got the courage and got it done. it's a large tat on my back and i LOVE it!!!! I've had it for 7 years and I am ready to get it brightened up. I really dont want more...I am happy with the one I chose because, it has meaning behind it. I say GO FOR IT!!!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    thats a pretty cool idea

Ive wanted a tattoo of the quote in my signature for quite some time, myself.
    Its a quote from Edgar Allen Poe and it has a LOT of significance in my life....its just a matter of wear to put it. Word tattoos are hard to place well.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are great if chosen wisely. I have 2 also. One is a butterfly on my left shoulder. It has no significance but my mom and I got one at the same time so that was time spent with her. And my 2nd one is a tramp stamp, yes on my lower back. It is a larger butterfly with my daughters name above it and big blue eyes in the butterfly! I love them and am still deciding on what I want next!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    You can always get it lasered off! :) I am in the process of doing that now. Unfortunatley it hurts way more than getting the tattoo and costs 10 times more! :(

and it's not always so easy to do--depends on your skin tone and your personal skin rxns. i just finished reading an article abt it--abt tattoo removal gone wrong--in nov 2008 glamour mag. maybe check out their archives.

i'm not saying not to do it--i have 0 tattoos, i'm not an employer, and it's not my body--just giving more info.
    congrats on the wt loss so far!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are great if chosen wisely. I have 2 also. One is a butterfly on my left shoulder. It has no significance but my mom and I got one at the same time so that was time spent with her. And my 2nd one is a tramp stamp, yes on my lower back. It is a larger butterfly with my daughters name above it and big blue eyes in the butterfly! I love them and am still deciding on what I want next!

:laugh: i love it when other people call it a tramp stamp. lol
  • samantha115
    Options
    Id never regret any tattoo that ive gotten, or will get in the future. LIke some one said earlier, every tattoo is a memory and sometimes they wont be happy but I will always remember that part of my life. I love tattoos. My only regret is that I dont have more.

Heck Id be covered like Kat if I could.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I got my first tattoo not to long ago and I am very proud of it. I lost over 100 pounds and overcame a major deppression so I decided to get a butterfly symbolizing rebirth and the symbol for strength is right above it. I am a new person now not just my appearance but my whole out look on life. I love your idea for the numbers. I think if that is what you want it would beautiful. It might even keep you motivated. When I lose the rest of my weight I want to get another one that symbolizes beauty. For the first time in my life I can look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    our plan(me and bff) is to get a star tattoo for every 10 pounds loss- (simple easy for us to do as we can tattoo each others)
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Ive wanted a tattoo of the quote in my signature for quite some time, myself.
    Its a quote from Edgar Allen Poe and it has a LOT of significance in my life....its just a matter of wear to put it. Word tattoos are hard to place well.

I love the quote and the idea of having it tattooed. I would think it would be cool to have it really small around your wrist. That way it could be covered by a watch if you wanted. Just a suggestion.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my right forearm starting from my inside wrist up to my elbow. I won't call it a half sleeve because it's not that big. It's in recognition to my family - my daughters and my husband. I'd like to continue it up my bicep and shoulder and across my back.
    Photo134.jpg
    I have another on my neck. It's a ying-yang triskell. The triskell is a celtic symbol for the father, the son and holy spirit. I added the ying yang in each circle to represent finding balance in being Mother, Wife and just MYSELF...
    Photo296.jpg
    And I have my black cat on my right ankle - so that it crosses my path everyday :glasses:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Tattoos can be a great thing. As much as each one of us are unique and individual so are the tattoos. As a massage therapist I see lots of tattoos of all different kinds, and with each one of them ... They always have a story. I can say that 95% of the tattoos I have seen the people don't usually regret them. Normally if someone is going to put something so permanent on their body they really think about it and choose something that matters to them. As the second post said on this subject "When you know, you know"

I have seen everything from pink ribbons to tributes to fallen solders, childrens names to buttlerfles and lady bugs from chinese symbols to porttraits all of theses things simply meant something dear to the indivdual who got them.

yes, sometimes (5%) people who get a tattoo just go and get one and later look back and think twice. There are options out there.
    1. Cover up tattoo (a good artist can do that)
    2. Lasers t
    3. There is also a cream out there that significantly will fade tattoos.

As another person said earlier.. it is more "where" you get the tatoo. In my experience from talking to people, as long as you can find a creative way to hide it (for work, or if you want that option) What really matters is it means something to "the person getting it"

I don't have a tattoo yet other than my makeup (eyeliner and eyebrows) which I might say are beautiful. But, I do intend on getting something down the line that 'means" something dear to me. I will know when I find it. I am just keeping an open mind.
    :)
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    I think the starting weight in roman numerals is an awesome idea! :heart: :heart:
    I currently have one tatt, a butterfly inside my right ankle. It actually covers a scar, so it worked out perfectly when I decided to get it. BTW, I was 39 when I got it!

My next tatt will be a pink breast cancer ribbon with my sister's initials under it, for my sister who is currently fighting the battle. I just can't decide where to get it; I only know I want to be able to see it myself, not have to look in a mirror to see it. Any suggestions???
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I think the starting weight in roman numerals is an awesome idea! :heart: :heart:
    I currently have one tatt, a butterfly inside my right ankle. It actually covers a scar, so it worked out perfectly when I decided to get it. BTW, I was 39 when I got it!

My next tatt will be a pink breast cancer ribbon with my sister's initials under it, for my sister who is currently fighting the battle. I just can't decide where to get it; I only know I want to be able to see it myself, not have to look in a mirror to see it. Any suggestions???
    bracelet?
    foot?
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options

bracelet?
    foot?

Inside of your wrist. I'm not sure how big you want it though.. but you could do it small on the inside of your wrist.. you'd see it everyday. and if you really needed to hide it you could wear a watch or some bracelets.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my right forearm starting from my inside wrist up to my elbow. I won't call it a half sleeve because it's not that big. It's in recognition to my family - my daughters and my husband. I'd like to continue it up my bicep and shoulder and across my back.
    Photo134.jpg
    I have another on my neck. It's a ying-yang triskell. The triskell is a celtic symbol for the father, the son and holy spirit. I added the ying yang in each circle to represent finding balance in being Mother, Wife and just MYSELF...
    Photo296.jpg
    And I have my black cat on my right ankle - so that it crosses my path everyday :glasses:

Beautiful Tattoos!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love the idea...I might have to steal that idea as well.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a star for every pound lost either across my shoulders or up my leg. There will be 135 total. Your idea is really cool, too =)

I really love this idea!! I have a small star on my left foot and I want to make it a trail of stars on my foot and maybe I can get 1 star for every 10 lbs I lose! Great Idea!!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You guys have great ideas for tattoos I have 5 and thought I was done I might have to rethink that. Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals
  • danielley08
    Options
    Once I reach my goal weight I am going to get FOREM ABEO tatted on my right wrist...it means FOREVER CHANGED in latin...

You'll have to post pics once you get yours done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!