Errrmmm Ummm..*blush*

Options
I know I'm not the only one going through this,cause its a natural thing and everyone does it...

But with all the protein i eat everyday and my protein shakes,i'm sooo gassy!! its horrible! My poor BF is even like WTH is wrong with you?! :blushing:

Anyone else really bad? At night time its bad and in the morning when i wake up..its kinda embarrassing and annoying :grumble: ...is there anything i can take or do to calm down my stomach?

Replies

• NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    I used to drink protein shakes (herbalife) and found that if I made them up with soya milk instead of cow's milk that my tummy was a lot happier.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is going to get pretty bad pretty quickly!

*on a serious note: If you are mixing your protein powder with milk, you could be lactose intolerant.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I got my GF a t-shirt with Goodyear on it, she is so full of gas.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    try excluding the milk. This should help.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that this turned me on. :blushing:
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I use water instead of milk
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    Agreed try almond milk or soy or coconut. Also the protein powder itself may be a milk derivative and so you should try a vegan protein powder. They can be pretty gritty but hey that's not end of the world!
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Crop Dusting. Blame the dog, its all good. That or embrace the gas and use it as a weapon against all who oppose you.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    What about Beano...before you have the shake...will that help?
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    NOPE. You can't do anything about it. Protein makes you fart! :tongue:

But the lady at GNC said that when you have a lot of protein and then DON'T USE THAT PROTEIN TO BUILD MUSCLE. Then it gets wasted and that means more farts. But if you DO use that protein to build muscle, (as in lift heavy weights, low reps) then the protein is used for muscle synthesis instead of contributing to the fart-factor.

Haha fart-factor... lol...

Anyways I don't know how much of that is broscience and how much of that is true, but I've found that if I eat lots of protein and LIFT, then I feel great ... and if I eat lots of protein and DON'T lift, then I have lots of stinky farts. :tongue:
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This exact thing happened to me and taking pro-biotics got rid of it. I did not add milk to my protein shake, so I attribute it to the Whey already in my protein powder. Good luck!
  • Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Crop Dusting. Blame the dog, its all good. That or embrace the gas and use it as a weapon against all who oppose you.

Haha!! This ^^
  • latinlady435
    latinlady435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used unsweetened almond milk in mine.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Get a really good probiotic...it will help with the gas....of course, I don't have a BF...just a mouthy 12-yo girl who deserves a face full of toxic air from time to time. lol
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I had that problem until I stopped using milk in my protein shakes....Now I just use water.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Haha fart-factor... lol...

I am not sure why I found hysterical that you laughed at your own fart joke!!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, maybe you're slightly lactose intolerant and its the milk thats the problem. I only discovered this after drinking way to much milk w/ shakes too. Now I use vanilla protein powder mixed in coconut silk, its delicious.
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    I have found that using almond milk intead of cows milk helps a lot! I actually blend mine into a smoothie with strawberries, half a cup of almond milk, blueberries and kale...then I add water until its the consistency i like. For some reason mixing it with other foods and skipping the milk helps me ... :blushing:
  • MomentumKris
    Options
    How much protein are you eating relative to your bodyweight? If it's causing digestive upset (farting), you're probably eating more protein than your body can digest. If you don't digest it, it will make you gassy. Simple as that. Eat less protein.